1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would This Work? (Using Google Website Optimizer w/ Weird CMS)

Discussion in 'C#' started by Avalanche, Feb 11, 2010.

We're wanting to use a/b split & multivariate tests on our Dotnetnuke (DNN) websites (got stuck w/ the CMS) to improve conversion rates of visitors to leads & sales, but have had problems instituting Google's provided code on DNN.

Google gives some javascript code to put at the very beginning and end of source code on the control page, the test page, and the conversion page. This CMS seems to build all pages based on one template, the default.aspx page.

I saw a post on a blog about pasting the code into a "blog header section" in ther options panel but that just broke our site. Trying to drop the code in text/html modules DNN uses on pages didn't work with Google's verification process since it wasn't getting to the very top or bottom of the source code.

Nothing available from DNN plugin developers so until that day comes when something is publicly available...

What I was thinking, is could we add Google's JavaScript code with some kind of includes in the overall site template so the code would only appear if a certain page was being viewed? If so, is there a way to grab the url as the page loads w/ .NET and then display the jscript where we want?

I have reasonably smart designers but they're not coders so any point in the right direction would be very helpful.

Avalanche, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  2. idcon

idcon Peon

Best Answers:
    this is an old topic but you can use Pageblaster module from Snapsis. Google it and you will find it. It has two options, community edition (CE) and paid version.

idcon, Aug 15, 2010 IP