1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would this be allowed

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by nevetS, Dec 2, 2004.

Sometime in the next quarter or two, I'm releasing a new site. Thinking of generating inbound links, I came up with the idea of a revenue sharing campaign... Link to our site, and we'll share 1% of our monthly ad revenue with the linker (not an offer here, just an idea). Obviously a lot of things would have to be thought out, like how long to run the program, rules for the program, finding people that would actually provide links, etc.

My question is - would this be allowed by google adsense?

Bringing in 50 unique links would be a pretty serious accomplishment for me, and it would hopefully generate some real traffic. Maybe it's not too good of an idea, since our ad revenue wouldn't be very significant during the first 6 months anyways... but you never know.

nevetS, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    im sure it would be allowed..

schlottke, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  3. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you contact google directly. If they allow it youll never have to worry.

melfan, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  4. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not join the Coop Network? 50 unique links would be child's play with the Network. (and alot easier than splitting money with other people.)

crew, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  5. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Steven, I'd suggest the adnetwork too- lot easier.

schlottke, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  6. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    I dont know who would provide those links though. I know I wouldn't... Best way to know is indeed to ask Google, but I think you better just buy links :cool:

Dirkjan, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  7. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean Dirk?

schlottke, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  8. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Funny. I thought this idea through and it probably wouldn't fly. Why would somebody provide me with a link for maybe $2-5 a month? If they'd do it that cheaply, they would do it for free, and the administrative hassle would be just as bad as finding 50 inbound links myself. Oh well... Thanks for the feedback though. I got fired up and joined the Ad network and put up ads all over my site.

nevetS, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  9. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    It will be allowed. Google would "kick you" when you will ask for clicking on Google Adsense Ads. Marketing in Google is allowed but cheating not.

tomecki, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  10. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    I too think that won`t be allowed because in a way you are asking people to click Adsense Ads, as they know if they click it they will make a profit for themeselves.

Getting links via reciprocal link exchange would be a better deal than this. IMO stay clean with Adsense it can pay you long long time.

nandini, Dec 5, 2004 IP