1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would Showing Directory Listing Counts Help?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Hassan313, Apr 30, 2021.

Hi All,

I've been working on a UK based business directory for the last few months, It's doing ok considering i have not added any listings and i do ask for a fair bit of information when business owners suggest a uk business, Anyhow, I've done the main page so it does not show listing counts (does when looking at listings by Locations and categories) and was wondering if adding counts to main home page would help in the way of more page views, Don't get me wrong it does OK but always looking at ways to better the site.
    SEMrush
    Best Regards

Hassan313, Apr 30, 2021 IP
    SEMrush
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Don't add counts until they're impressive.

Why aren't you adding companies? Do you want your directory to be just of small companies? The more established ones lend you credibility, don't they?

sarahk, Apr 30, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Listing count would help, but like @sarahk said, works only if there are enough listings. A couple hundred may be in each category... How many do you have so far?

JEET, May 8, 2021 at 8:21 PM IP
  4. Senako12

Senako12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Counting businesses added to the directory is good for usability - people don't spend time hitting empty listings.

Senako12, May 11, 2021 at 10:20 AM IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A directory should never have empty categories. Why create it if there's no demand? Put the listings into the higher category until there are enough for the new category and move the listings... or find suitable businesses for each category and add them yourself.

sarahk, May 11, 2021 at 2:04 PM IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Or put related or nearby items in the empty categories. Even CL, as big as it is, does that.

I'd advise against putting numbers on your pages (visits, number of items listed, etc.). What may seem like a lot to one person may seem like nothing to another.

Getting banned sucks.

qwikad.com, May 11, 2021 at 3:45 PM IP
    JEET likes this.