1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would it be a good idea?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Tasteful_agency, Jan 3, 2024.

Hi, I have a very basic understanding of SEO, here's the situation:

I have a website for my social media growth service in french, and I haven't engaged in SEO practices before, but the domain is indexed.

We bought the domain 8 months ago, made a showcase of our services and left it alone, but now we want to change all that to enable customers to order and pay directly from the site.

We are planning a complete overhaul of the website (new interface, features and languages): the goal now is to implement an active SEO strategy involving link building, a blog, and multilingual support. We'd like to rank for both French and English queries so with different folders: domain/en/blog and domain/fr/blog

Here are its current stats, we haven't done nothing yet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My question is as follows: considering that my domain is only 8 months old but already indexed, would it be better for me to focus solely on this one, start publishing high-quality blog articles, and engage in effective link building?

Or would it be worthwhile to acquire an expired domain, older and indexed with a good Trust Flow (TF), to expedite ranking by publishing a lot of blog content, and ultimately, at the end of the articles, insert a call-to-action redirecting to my main domain (for example, creating an article like "How to Generate Leads with Instagram," where I write the article and conclude with a section like "If you need assistance with lead generation on Instagram, check out [main domain] ...")?

Would the 2nd option be beneficial, or would it only be useful on a large scale with multiple expired domains (I guess it's called a PBN) or perhaps even detrimental from an SEO perspective (idk if it would be seen as spam)?

Thank you very much upload_2024-1-3_10-27-40.gif

Attached Files:

Tasteful_agency, Jan 3, 2024 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  2. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be, everything depends on you.

If you want to obtain experience,
    then you must do experiments.

Artisan, Jan 3, 2024 IP
  3. Tasteful_agency

Tasteful_agency Peon

Best Answers:
    I get your point, I'm just trying to find a good compromise and I'm hesitant to go all out to gain experience, but at the same time I'm not too keen on doing something that might burn up my domain.

Tasteful_agency, Jan 3, 2024 IP
  4. tobysurf

tobysurf Active Member

Best Answers:
    looks like yes , but it all depends on you

tobysurf, Jan 4, 2024 IP
  5. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    I wish you good luck to achieve brilliant results )

MargoFarrel, Jan 4, 2024 IP
  6. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want experience, but do not want to do experiments, then
    you may try to cooperate with someone, who has the experience.

Artisan, Jan 4, 2024 IP
  7. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should experiments and it will cost you your time and money but results ain't guaranteed. So, it would be better to hire someone to do this task or if you want to learn it and gain some experience in this field then you should go with it. But, SEO needs patience and time.
    Hope you get my point.

Sumit_Singh, Jan 5, 2024 IP
  8. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The more you can do yourself, the better. Yes, it is work, but anything worthwhile always is, as you gain valuable experience that will ALWAYS be with you once you learn it.

For me I'd throw all my effort into building up the main site in English & French. PBN's aren't as effective as years ago, and you'll be better off getting backlinks naturally (which is all PBN's give you anyway). So, focus on creating good content that is worth linking to and you'll eventually succeed with the effort you put into it.

asmodeus, Jan 9, 2024 IP
  9. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would continue with your current domain since you haven't really done anything with it up to this point.

What you have to be aware of with an expired domain is it's historical data that search engines have on it.

It's not enough just to be in the "same niche" if you want the most out of an expired domain. Some people wonder why their expired domain didn't give them a boost like they were expecting.

kjh-08, Jan 9, 2024 IP