1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would Creating Google Analytics Affect Your SERPS?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AfroRadioHead, Dec 3, 2009.

I've been thinking about this for a while. When you sign up for google analytics u have access to a lot of information about your website. What's the chances of google using this information to decide what to put in their search engines? :confused:

AfroRadioHead, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  2. meenka

meenka Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site is registered in google analytics. It wil tell u l how visitors actually interact with your site. You can decide in which keyword u get maximum no. of visitors and clicks.

meenka, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  3. mudassir786

mudassir786 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think, you better think it in the other way around ...

mudassir786, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They decide what to put in their search engines according to what their algorithm evaluates to be the most relevant to any given search term.
    Nobody in Google is interested enough in your website to rummage through your anlaytics, even if they could.

magda, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  5. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    Your question is quite genuine and there had been discussions around this topic and few industry analysts have stated that in future Google may use this data to decide the relevancy of the website in search results. As for now there is no confirmation regarding this.

shailendra, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  6. berg101

berg101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that companies would actually allow the Google to use their private data and assign their ranks according to the data relevancy from their analytics reports.
    And there would be many companies who won't be using analytics how would their ranks will be decided??
    therefore, the change in their Algo. I mean more harsh algos. will be the choice of Google.

berg101, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  7. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well google analytics is just a service which google provide and I don't think it would be help in any kind of ranking factors, lot's of people are using Adwords for getting traffic from google and spending lot's of money as well if they are getting organic ranking through adword then adword will be finished very soon, we also providing site information and keywords in adword also, so my point is if adword can't do anything for organic ranking then how analytics do?

Aryans, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  8. greenoro0

greenoro0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its very effective thing. Due to this, you can anaylize your whole site

greenoro0, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  9. katarina

katarina Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics does not affect your SERPS, it gives the data about visitors. From GA we know that how many visitors visit our website, from which region and how much time he spent on that page.

katarina, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  10. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics help you to track the visitors & it would not affect the SERPs.

rashida, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  11. HepCom

HepCom Peon

Best Answers:
    It is an interesting question
    It is true that 1 ) its all machine calculations - the algorithm - rarely if ever would anyone at Google look at your site
    However if you are fed into the Google system with Google Analytics perhaps that data might work its way back somehow somewhere to help you and your rankings
    It cannot be discounted - yet I would not use it a primary means of improving rankings
    Plus you have little idea of what information is being used , and what the thresholds are
    Stick to the basics rather than finding easier , softer ways

HepCom, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  12. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no...

even you can improve your search results using Analytics.

unna, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  13. FilthyRich

FilthyRich Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think google analytics affects your search engine rankings. To my knowledge it gives you indepth information on how many visitors you are getting to your site etc etc.

FilthyRich, Mar 30, 2010 IP