1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would a Microservices Marketplace platform be useful?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by asem19, Oct 10, 2016.

I am a student working on a project about creating a Microservices platform, much like YaaS from SAP Hybris, with it's own marketplace, and some input from developers would be very useful. /*I'm fairly new to the subject, so please bear with me :) */

• What do you think of microservices as a back-end solution and do you use them?

• Would such a platform where you could buy separate microservices be useful?

• If the platform offers an option for third-party developers to create a microservice (which if acceptable according to some previously set parameters, will be put up for sale, and the developer would receive payment), would you consider it a good idea?
    Thanks very much in advance :)

asem19, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  2. Einheijar

Einheijar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't that something similar to fiverr or microworkers?

Einheijar, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  3. asem19

asem19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not entirely Einheijar, it is considered to be a platform where you use microservices so that you can build an entire application on your own or make your own microservice and upload on the site, sell it and receive payment for it via the site. For example, the background logic of login authentication, chat, that you can use in your application and if one of them crashes, it won't crash the all application, just that single one because it is not directly connected to the other services (for more info about microservices visit this link http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/microservices.html).
    The intention behind this idea is to help developers who want to save time building their app without writing background logic, to buy that microservice and implement it in their app, of course, tested and working. I'm building something similar to this site https://www.yaas.io/

asem19, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  4. Telev Robo

Telev Robo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't care your service is microservices or something else, if it can solve my problems, I will use it.

Yes, it is. It will be great if microservice is shipped with SDK for popular programming languages, so I can include it in my program.

Yes, it is a good idea. It will be great if developers can publish their microservices as paid on demand like Google API.

Telev Robo, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  5. asem19

asem19 Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you Talev Robo, I appreciate your opinion and it helps me that I'm on the right track developing this platform

asem19, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As long as the services offered follows a fairly strict ruleset, allows for complete customization (looks and feel), simple implementation for most popular scripting languages (js, php, apache/node.js and so on) and there is a moderation, perhaps even a competitive way of actually getting on the site (I'm thinking third-party now, of course, where an abundance of different services might be less beneficial, than having maybe 2-3 different ones for the same service - giving people too many choices ends in chaos).

I would welcome simple-to-use services, like chat, for instance, available for implementing on web-pages. Would be needing some serious licensing, though, since such implementations could quickly be used in other projects.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  7. asem19

asem19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you PoPSiCLe, thank you for your insights, this helps me a lot, I will consider your suggestions

asem19, Oct 12, 2016 IP