1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worth getting an SSL?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by izlik, Sep 9, 2015.

Hi.

I have a few webpages and blogs that do not need a SSL of any expensive kind. since they are just blogs. I was wondering if it's worth installing a free SSL certificate on my webpages(5) or just redirecting HTTPS traffic to HTTP?

izlik, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  2. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im amateur in this, here is what i think:
    Im using socks proxy to encrypt my internet traffic so i would not spend extra money to use SSL on my blog.
    I think if your blog just serving content and you are the only one who provide password to login, its not needed to have SSL or you can setup an self signed free ssl (google it) just to be peace of mind that your password is not going unencrypted. But if you are rich, SSL is better than no SSL because you and your commetners will have encrypted your submitted/read data.

postcd, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  3. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Use cloudflare for free SSL like digitalpoint is using. I'm using the same free one for my websites too.

pupul, Sep 9, 2015 IP