1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worst web hosting company -Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by murali.infomail, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pronet Hosting

Pronet Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, please check my signature :)

Pronet Hosting, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  2. Bally chohan

Bally chohan Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read all positive reviews about knownhost. It is all about your experience with the hosts some feel good and some taste bad..

Bally chohan, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  3. Pronet Hosting

Pronet Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that BlueHost is a very reliable hosting provider. The customer services is really cool, if you live chat with their staff, you'll know that they are really smart. And it's Cheap if u sign up with a coupon.

Pronet Hosting, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  4. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can u say that, what is the basis
    I have been with hostgator for three years after having tried and failed with others, many of them
    Now i m having a trouble free hosting since many months and uptime is 100% atleast for the last three months

COBSolutions, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. internetrocks

internetrocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also bad experience with yahoo webshosting and thus when i finally change can and now I am using hostgator and i am really satisfied with the customer service and server never down.

internetrocks, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  6. iecsp

iecsp Peon

Best Answers:
    If so. why do you use it. Choosing another one is a better choice perhaps.

iecsp, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  7. seeder8

seeder8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I hosted with them back in 2007 and it was a nice experience.
    Perhaps now, things have gotten worst with them.

seeder8, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    futurehosting.com is the worst host in the world. I signed up for them after reading fake recommendations from others. My experience was that everytime I went to login, the server was down, they would get it working again after a ticket, by the time they got it working, would be either while I was sleeping or working, and again, go to login, and servers down. I did (once or twice manage to login successfully after they fixed it, but that was to check that it worked, and when i came back from work/whatever it would be down again)

The price I paid was ridiculous, paid for a fully managed server, paid for addons for the server, (cpannel for one and I think i remember getting something else), as well as paying for ddos "insurance" protection, and even though its a fully managed server, I still paid extra for an additional level of management (like extra fee for better customer support)

Ok so the price i paid was a rip off, and after 3 days of constant downtime, (i couldnt even put a single file on the server let alone transfer all my sites) I had no choice but to cancel the server.

Of course, they refused to do a refund. Cpannel license can be cancelled within a certain timeframe (considering it wasnt the licensed edition, it was the 14day trial edition,) they could have refunded me the cost of that! Or they could have refunded the cost of paying for a fully managed server when they didnt manage anything at all!

I mean, its one thing to be a dodgy hosting company, its one thing to rip your clients off, but to refuse to do a refund for things that were never provided is a joke. I NEVER took control of the server, as everytime i went to upload files to it, it was always down , ok fair enough, rip me off for paying for a server that I never got, but why rip me off for paying for a cpanel license and why rip me off for paying for management?
    I should have gotten at least a partial refund, or an apology. It was until almost a month later someone from the company asked why i was cancelling the server and im like "your kidding right", just very very poor host when they cant even realise that charging for providing a service paid for could make a customer not come back.

Here is a list of hosting companies that are good:
    hostgator(reseller hosting)- support is 11/10 servers are 7/10 (no downtime, only sluggish overloaded servers) (DONT USE THEIR DOMAIN NAME CONTROL PANEL! IT STINKS!)

kazila (managed server)- support 8/10 (tickets resolved quickly, but not as fast as other hosts) servers are 10/10

sshvm (unmanaged server) support 1/10 (expect tickets replied within 1hr - 24hours. no support other thing basic hardware issues or billing issues)servers are 10/10

ferngullygraphics.com (shared / reseller hosting) support is 9/10 (tickets resolved by the owner so never talked to a noob. ) servers 10/10

matt_62, Mar 19, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.