1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worst web hosting company -Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by murali.infomail, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get what you pay for.

Corwin, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  2. iwillguide

iwillguide Peon

Best Answers:
    ok what web hosting service you have been using ? all host companies are not bad ..may be some give trouble.mostly they fail to give service uptime and technical support! so be wise to select web hosting.take help of any good hosting review sites to choose host service

iwillguide, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  3. talkandberocked

talkandberocked Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya its Too Overpriced i hate .. But they Call service is ok

talkandberocked, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  4. Marcag

Marcag Peon

Best Answers:
    I never tried Yahoo, but I heard bad news from other ppl. That's why I used hosting sites like byethost. Now, my plan is to make my own hosting company...

BTW. That's like in Croatia, when you dial to the T-Com's number, you need to wait about 30 mins - 3 hours to get a "response" which's not useful... And when you dial to join them, you get connected in a second. I'm also awaiting for transferable HDD (250 GB) from them, they said they'll bring it to my home in 2 weeks max. We'll see that... :mad:

Marcag, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  5. abluegrape

abluegrape Peon

Best Answers:
    What about the side you forget to tell people?
    You get a box and set it up to run your own server, you get blasted by hackers over and over again just because they can. Server crashes and you dont know why, someones hack your brand new box and stored pictures that are slightly illegal!

Also when your ISP finds out and blocks your ports so you cant have a server at home.

Not all shared hosts are scam or bad, I happen to use my own server and a very cheap reseller that I share with shared hosting and the support is the best by a long shot, uptime is fantastic!!

Dont tarn everyone with the same brush as shared hosting is a cost affective way for alot of newbie and experienced webdesigners

abluegrape, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uh, "stored pictures that are slightly illegal"??? Is that like being slightly pregnant?

There are people out there with what some call a Don Quixote complex - they see something wrong, they want to go to battle. Especially if children are being exploited?

Maybe your "SLIGHTLY illegal" pictures are inviting the hack?

Corwin, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  7. abluegrape

abluegrape Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there something constructive you are trying to say?

Read my post properly then comment, I dont store images I said that people try and hack servers to store crap on the server. Owing a server is not all roses and daisies covered by blue sky......there is plently of reasons to have shared hosting.

Maybe I shouldnt have used the term "slightly" but no need to just be a n*bend about it hey?

abluegrape, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  8. szczypka

szczypka Peon

Best Answers:
    Has to be BlueHost to oversold

szczypka, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh - "stored pictures that are slightly illegal". You are using the word "stored" as a verb and not an adjective?

O.K., now I understand, sorry for the misunderstanding. But it's a poor sentence and you should have made the sentence much clearer. "The hackers uploaded pictures that are slightly illegal" would have been better, for example.

Corwin, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  10. imanpatrick

imanpatrick Peon

Best Answers:
    blue host, great hosting company :p

imanpatrick, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  11. JRC5701

JRC5701 Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally, I like Yola. For a light duty website or someone just getting started, who doesn't have a lot of money, they're great. You must use there web builder, it's a good program with lots of features. Hosting is free if you buy the domain from them at $20.00 a year. It's an inexpensive way to get on the net.

JRC5701, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  12. touches93

touches93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HostGator is worst. They also have worst customer service.

touches93, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  13. markusb

markusb Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with who said "SHARED HOSTING IS A SCAM"
    It really is, some give you unlimited bandwidth....yeah right....
    I tried many, I would recommend Hostgator if you are going shared (said that...I do not recommend going shared).

markusb, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  14. murali.infomail

murali.infomail Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do we host our website at our place? Without using shared hosting?

A little gyan plz!!!

murali.infomail, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  15. markusb

markusb Peon

Best Answers:
    ...maybe you could go for a dedicated server, most (if not all) companies that offer shared will even offer dedicated servers.

markusb, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  16. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Many shared hosts pack as many accounts as they can on one server. That is how they make their money. There are only a few company's that have a low number of accounts per server. It pays to shop around and do some checking. Some hosts will charge more for lower number of accounts per server, but a lot of people don't want to pay this extra amount. They want the $3-$7 per month price tag, that comes with a lot of accounts per server. Sometimes when you have as many accounts on one server like some of these hosts do, you end up with some one consuming more resources than everyone else, which makes other sites on the same server suffer. Also if someone on the server is spamming big time and the server gets blacklisted, your site can potentially be blacklisted too because usually it's by server name or ip, not site. Hotmail is famous for doing this, they will block an entire ip or server. So you end up with no mail delivered to hotmail just because someone else on the server is causing issues.

Sometimes you just get lucky and other sites on the server are small and low traffic. Many of the larger well known hosts tend to really pack them in there though. So shop around, pay a little more, or hope you get lucky.

gameutopia, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  17. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And, when you find a great web hosting company that is a real gem, you are nervous about sharing it with other people.

I get great hosting on IIS and Lunix, regular server security updates, MSSQL *and* MySQL, they limit the number of shared accounts on a server, and 24/7 toll-free telephone support. But I'm afraid that quality will drop if they receive a flood of new accounts from inexperienced people that call in and ask "why doesn't my script work?" I know others that feel the same way about their hosting.

Corwin, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  18. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    This argument is still happening after all these weeks? Give it a rest. Yahoo sucks, we all can agree on that.... NEXT lol

BadBoyzStudioZ, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  19. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but Yahoo DOES suck. That's a given. I can prove it in writing. Now they are hard up like all the rest of us and they are BEGGING for our business back. No thanks. Nice try. Goodbye.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  20. murali.infomail

murali.infomail Active Member

Best Answers:
    on the top.. I recently came to know that Yahoo! does not support WordPressMU installation...

murali.infomail, Sep 18, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.