1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worldpay Confusion

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SEbasic, Jun 23, 2004.

I’ve been tasked with the possibility of developing my first e-commerce enabled website and, even though I’ve done my homework, I’m still a tad confused and would appreciate some straightforward advice.
    First, this is a 3 party client relationship: The seller of goods (who want the website), the agency (who are commissioning the website) and me (who will develop the website).

The agency tells me they have a merchant account and want to use this to simplify things. However, WorldPay tell me an Internet Merchant account is required for online transactions and suggest Streamline or WorldDirect (fair enough I think?). But isn’t the (internet) merchant account where the money is paid into? If so, shouldn’t this be with the ‘seller of goods’ rather than the agency?

In order to process the transaction, do I need SSL on the site or does WorldPay take care of this?

Do I have to use their SELECT JUNIOR option, which I believe is pre-built forms? This is a very, very basic e-commerce need and as such I would like to develop the 1 page ‘cart’ myself. My understanding is that all I need to do to process the cart contents is use some WorldPay supplied form info which is sent to their server.

I get the impression WorldPay check the functionality before a site is allowed to go live. Do they charge for this or do I maybe need an account with WorldPay to get this done? I mean, presumably, I don’t just chuck this code into my page and then start firing orders off to WorldPay, or do I?

Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble but I’m struggling to make sense of the process. If someone could find the time to answer the above and/or break down the basic steps involved I’d be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

SEbasic, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Foxy, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    If the ultimate client has a business account no further accounts are needed for WP (they would love to but no way).

WP will send a confirmation sheet to the account holder the bank confirms and stamps it and sends it back to WP.

WP doesen't offer a shopping cart - if you need one relatively simple have a look at http://www.natural-remedies-clinic.co.uk/cart

WP will check the site before allowing go live - but you will have a test account from day one.

You do need privacy policies - return refund shipping policies declaration of contacts addresses etc etc .

Read carefully through the documentation (link by foxy)

If you want to impress agency and client - find the bit about
    Deferred Processing

which is advisable for new accounts or people who are just finding their feet.

cheers best of luck
    M

expat, Jun 23, 2004 IP