1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

World Series of Vacation?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Mia, Oct 26, 2006.

Help me decide. I promised my wife a vacation to Florida this fall. I grew up in St. Louis and watched the Cardinals win the World Series in 1982 to the Milwaukee Brewers. That was 24 years ago. One year later in 1983 I moved to Wisconsin and took a lot of crap for the Red Bird gear I was wearing.

So here we are, 24 years later. The Cards have been NLCS division champs 3 years in a row. Made it to the WS in 04 and lost to the Red Sox. So now here I sit, again, TWENTY FOUR YEARS LATER. The Cards are winning 3 games to one. It's only a 5 hour drive for me to St. Louis. I have friends there I can stay with, all I need to pay for is gas and a ticket... (beer, food, useless souvenirs, etc..).

Think about it. This is the last post season game of the World Series in the NEW Busch Stadium. It's the first World Series in NEW Busch Stadium. All the Cards have to do is win this game at home and they have it. An even 10 World Series Wins in the National League. 24 years later!

What should I do? Buy the expenisve ass ticket and haul ass down to STL tomorrow? Or stay at home, watch the game with my son on TV, hope like hell the Cards win it and when and if they do, start searching for those accomodations on St. Pete Beach?

What would you do?

Life long Cards Fan formerly of Webster Groves, MO. Clark and Church of the Annuciation Alum.

Mia, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    5 hour drive?

It's like 5.5 from here.

It looks like there's some nasty weather down there too/

Crazy_Rob, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  3. totoros

totoros Peon

Best Answers:
    the way i see it, vacation can happen anytime. world series is something that is once in a lifetime.

totoros, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I-55 is a straight shot. My record is 4 1/2 hours. I drive fast.

Yeah, it is looking like it is going to be pretty nasty. One game was already canceled due to rain.

I took a look at tickets and figured that between all the expenses to see the game up close and personal, I could stay at a nice resort on St. Pete Beach, FL for a week.

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  5. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Tell your wife Florida will be here for a while.

But please, video tape her reaction. :D

noppid, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm still quite fond of my balls:eek:

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Anyway, the Cardinals are in the series almost every year anyway. Wait until next year when they play the Sox. Then it'll be just a 1 hour drive for you. :)

8. noppid

Best Answers:
    I ran this past my wife. She said go to the game. But she's always been way cool about stuff like this. I get to do some cool stuff when the circumstances are right.

noppid, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    True... I'd much rather see the Sox/Cards personally... I love that Stadium. Went there when they first opened it and sat right behind home plate , what a view. Shitty area, but man what a beautiful ball park!

Well it looks like it is gonna be rained out today. So Saturday would be the day. I promissed my kid I would take him to some obscure toy store to find this illustrious "milk car" Thomas the Train. Him and mommy located it on the internet and I have been commissioned to drive him to retrieve it.

Normallly my wife would not have problems with this either, but I have been buying too many toys, playing way too much and spending way too much away time. She deserves the vacation.

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Well, I will have to make it a point to go to another Game next year. One thing I really liked about White Sox Stadium (US Cellular Field just sounds gay) was the parking. There is not a bad place to park and every spot seems to be within a short walk to the ball park. Overall, just a well designed set up they have there!

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  12. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I got screwed this season. I went to a game w/o a parking pass and ended up having to park over a mile away. I missed the entire first inning.

If you do end up going to any games, just make sure you get there early or have a parking pass. I usually have the neighborhood pass that allows me to park on the streets.

13. noppid

Best Answers:

Those are the exact reasons I don't always get what I want. Your wife sounds pretty cool.

Internet shopping and being commissioned to fetch the items researched is almost a daily occurance here too. Been running around like a nut for two weeks on such missions myself.

Good luck with the milk car.

noppid, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    She's fantastic.. Sometimes too nice... Sometimes bitchy, but you take the good with the bad. If I said I was going to go, she would not stop me. Hell, I would ask her to come with but she is not into baseball.
    Yeah, it is never ending. Ah, the internet....

Thanx.

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP