1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Workout program

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Michael de Guzman, May 12, 2014.

Hello, I am trying to find a good workout program. My main reason is to increase my cardio and also to not gain muscle mass but to gain definition. All recommendation is welcome. thank you for you help.

Michael de Guzman, May 12, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Do you want to use a gym, home gym, bodyweight exercises. Are you able to train outside or with other people?

sarahk, May 12, 2014 IP
  3. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try these (you be the judge on if it's good or not -- for you):

Also, try asking people on fitness types of forums. You can do a Google search for 'fitness forums' to pull up forums in the same niche as your question. Likely to get a greater response since the primary focus is fitness on those forums. Wish you the best. :)

CU_Designs, May 13, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You raised a good point @CU_Designs - are you male or female? Often has a bearing on the mix of exercise.

Is there any exercise that has worked for you in the past? Anything you want to do? won't do?

FWIW cycling is brilliant at getting you fit in a low impact way. However I'm guessing it's not practical if you live in the middle of a huge city with limited cycling lanes. I'm lucky, I live near the CBD but right next to one of our best cycling lanes that lead out into the country. Other parts of town aren't so well served. I mix up mtb and road to keep it fresh and interesting.

sarahk, May 13, 2014 IP
  5. ggmedia

ggmedia Member

Best Answers:
    do 200 pushpus, sit ups and dips per day. pull ups as well if you can find a bar. its not hard, just takes effort which most people lack these days because of video games and tv.

ggmedia, May 13, 2014 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    situps are out of favour because most people who do them do them badly - there are better exercises that are easier to do well and safer such as bridges and planks

sarahk, May 13, 2014 IP
  7. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get a home workout plan, like P90X (used it for a couple cycles). If your new to working out, you'll do far better w/ the structure and scheduling. It's mostly body weight exercises, so it's really geared towards getting shredded. Go to your local department store (walmart) grab a yoga matt + pull up bar for $40, dumbbells + free weights (around ~$.60 per lb) or you can get a full set of bands on Amazon for around ~$30...and then the dvds around $80 (torrrents ;) ). It's a small investment for equipment that will last for years... and it all adds up to around the price of gym membership for a year (...at least that's what I pay).

If your new and lack the motivation, something structured like this is definitely the way to go and I can guarantee you'll see results...

sweetpea69, May 13, 2014 IP
  8. John Fisihetau

John Fisihetau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have to again bring out ultimate frisbee because its pretty of cardio, but your engaged in a game to win which continues to make you play harder. This should keep you lean.

John Fisihetau, May 27, 2014 IP
  9. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is better if you go to GYM, and take help of the personal trainer.
    Because everyone have their different workout plan, and it doesn't mean you can follow the same.
    Since you have specific requirement it is appropriate for you to join the gym.

janinaherz, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  10. accinsider

accinsider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Insanity is not a bad workout program. It will get you a lot of definition. All you have to do is stay committed. Lot of good results from people online.

accinsider, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  11. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Insanity is... insane!!! Tried it. I wasn't able to finish the program lol Hip Hop Abs is kind of similar..

Droid82, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  12. Marvin Cravens

Marvin Cravens Active Member

Best Answers:
    P90X3! Look up the Lean schedule, it does exactly what you are looking for. It will get you stronger without bulking you up while still increasing your cardio.

Marvin Cravens, Oct 28, 2014 IP
  13. Wyldstyle

Wyldstyle Peon

Best Answers:
    running is the best cardio workout. If you want to tone your abs (or tummy) hehehe try planking. it takes some time but it works

Wyldstyle, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  14. jmcleod2

jmcleod2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Focus on high reps and lower weight to tone up your muscles. Remember that with whatever plan you choose, 80% of your success is from what you put into your body, not just the exercise you do with it.

jmcleod2, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  15. thewriteone2345

thewriteone2345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to download apps. I use Jefit on my android phone. There is a free version. There are built in workout plans for your fitness goal. You have to go to the gym though. I have some gym equipment at home so my workout plan is designed for the equipment I have. There are also apps like Circuit training assistant which lets you do body workouts and some kettlebell workouts. It will build your cardio and strength. 8-10 minute workouts. It's tough.

thewriteone2345, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  16. John Osel O. Diaz

John Osel O. Diaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    go to bodybuilding.com. There's a lot of programs in there. It's not even funny. Everything depends on your diet though. But do the most important workouts like squat (most definitely), benchpress and deadlift.

John Osel O. Diaz, Jan 27, 2015 IP