1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Working on an open-source dashboard kit, but I need your feedback

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by extrabright, Feb 10, 2022.

I am working on an open-source dashboard template that could be used as a starter kit in any type of project (hopefully). My goal is to bring together my design and code knowledge into a package that could help other fellas like me to build apps faster.

I started with Bootstrap 5 since this is such a popular tool and I have used it in the last few years almost every day. If you like it, don't forget to give this repo a ⭐ https://github.com/webpixels/bootstrap-dashboard-kit

However, if you find this type of thing useful, I am thinking to start working on a React/Vue version, but I need your help on this. More specifically:
    1. What are the things you'd find important in a dashboard kit like this?
    2. What components/pages would you need?
    3. What are some plugins you use most often?
    I appreciate your time and feedback.

Attached Files:

extrabright, Feb 10, 2022 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First thing I'd suggest is that you learn to use HTML properly and kick the mind-numbingly dumbass incompetent disaster that is bootcrap to the curb. Go find a stick to scrape that off with before you go tracking it across the Internet's carpets.

Your codebase -- thanks to the "bleeding edge of 1997 techniques" bootcrap has suckered you into using -- reeks of endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless presentational classes for nothing, and is so devoid of proper semantics you're basically telling search, non-visual users, alternative navigation, and the VERY REASON HTML EVEN EXISTS to go plow themselves!

To be brutally frank -- when am I anything but -- through the use of bootcrap, gibberish use of numbered headings, and presentational mindset, you've made it painfully clear you are not qualified to write even the simplest of things in HTML or CSS, much less try to write something like this for other people to use. Do yourself a favor, pause, and bother learning to use HTML properly before you proceed any further because this:

<div class="container-fluid">
        <div class="row">
            <div class="col-xl-7 mx-auto">
                <!-- Profile picture -->
                <div class="card shadow border-0 mt-4 mb-10">
                    <div class="card-body">
                        <div class="d-flex align-items-center">
                            <div>
                                <div class="d-flex align-items-center">
    Code (markup):
    Is as about as big a steaming pile of ignorant, incompetent, and inept garbage as you can find in web development. Whoever is telling you that this is how to use HTML is packing your fudge.

deathshadow, Feb 11, 2022 IP