1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Workbench Debacle

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Ideprize, Dec 8, 2019.

First post in this Forum so I hope it is correctly placed.
    Have a operating MySql Server environment (Desktop Application NOT Web) with a once working Workbench tool. Workbench stop working with "premature end" message after the connection and a selection of any table in the database. Cannot uninstall, reinstall or update. Have tried the standard fix, i.e. renamed the Workbench folder and attempted a fresh install. All produce the same abort with the "premature end" message. Thankfully, MySql Server is operating without incident. Have attempted the "reinstall/update" with both the MySql Server Service running and stopped. As a workaround I am exporting the tables using the mysqldump command and importing the tables into my Wamp environment (on another system and project) and using phpMyadmin to check the tables and make modifications if necessary. I do much prefer phpMyadmin and this may prove to be the final solution. Hoping, however, some other enlightened soul out there has encountered this obstacle and resolved. Any insights on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Respectfully,
    Ideprize

Ideprize, Dec 8, 2019 IP
  2. FaveHosting

FaveHosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it "premature end of data"?

FaveHosting, Dec 10, 2019 IP
  3. Ideprize

Ideprize Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response FaveHosting.
    No it simply states the operation ended prematurely. All of the tables in the database have data. I am thinking this has to do with the Windows OS for we have not been able to update it for some time. We are moving to another Machine with an updated OS. I will have to move MySql Server to the new setup and hopefully Workbench will "happy" again. If this is not the case then I will make a Wamp install and simply use phpMyAdmin which is a far superior tool to Workbench. If you have any ideas, however, I would greatly appreciate you insight. I will return after the migration to inform whether or not this fixed the issue.
    Respectfully,
    Ideprize

Ideprize, Dec 10, 2019 IP
  4. FaveHosting

FaveHosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you might want to check this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6099434/premature-end-of-data-error-with-php

FaveHosting, Dec 10, 2019 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use workbench, have never used, but am thinking this is some sort of timeout error, not an OS issue...

JEET, Dec 14, 2019 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Q: do you mean the derpy unreliable MySQL Workbench, or do you mean the Salesforce extension? I have experience with both, but pitched the former in the trash quite some time ago since it always seemed broken, and doesn't seem to like MariaDB...

Since who the blazes is using ACTUAL mySQL anymore ever since Oracle pissed on it.

deathshadow, Dec 31, 2019 IP