1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Workarounds for the lovely "SendUsing" error with CDOSYS

Discussion in 'C#' started by relixx, Oct 18, 2005.

Basically, I'm having to convert an ASP email form from CDONTS to CDOSYS. I'm aware of the solution to the "CDO.Message.1 (0x80040220) The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid." error, the one where you have to create a CDO.Configuration object and assign values for SMTP, etc. However, as I'm developing on XP, and have to ftp the files to a remote server and I can't get hold of the only guy with the needed info, I'm wondering if there's another way around the error, one that uses the existing system defaults, for example, one where I don't have to manually configure the SMTP settings as it retrieves them from the server

relixx, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  2. JamieC

JamieC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I understand it, you have to specify an SMTP server when using CDOSYS. However, you could always try using 'localhost' as your server. If there is no mail server running on that server, try visiting the ISP's support pages (if it's with an ISP). If it's hosted at company offices or colocated, why not prefixing some of their main domains with 'mail.' or 'smtp.' - the likelihood is that they authenticate from the IP address so you should be OK.

JamieC, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  3. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, "localhost" worked, and the server is using default ports, etc. However, they are using a mail daemon, which he gave me the info for. Now, the script works perfectly in that there aren't any errors been generated, but the emails aren't being sent off XD. So close, and yet so far. I'm busy waiting for the server administrator to look into the problem.

relixx, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  4. Jugal

Jugal Guest

Best Answers:
    U Try This.
    First the XP Doesn't have CDONTS.DLL SO U HAVE TO USE CDOSYS(COLLOBORATION DATA OBJECTS). WHICH WORK ON SMTP OR NNTP AND USE PORT 25.
    FIRST IDENTIFY OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION THAT AS PER INVOKE OBJECT
    SECOND FOR CDOSYS CREATE OBJECT WITH CDO.MESSAGE
    AND USE SEND WITH BECAUSE IT CONFIGURE DEFAULT SMTP VIRTUAL SERVER

Jugal, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  5. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMFG LOL!!1! CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!1!one!!eleven.

Dude, you didn't read the thread that well, did you? Idiot. There weren't any problems with the script in the end.

Anyway, the problem lay with a mailer program the (damn lazy, I discovered) Admin dude installed onto the machine, it was taking all the emails and just leaving them in the queue, and he couldn't of been bothered to help sort it out *sighs*.

relixx, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  6. kavitha B

kavitha B Peon

Best Answers:

kavitha B, Nov 11, 2011 IP