1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordtracker KEI issues

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hdpt00, Jul 23, 2004.

I took the free trial of wordtracker and put in some of my keywords. I'm getting an average KEI of about 7-9 for my "big" keywords.

I think KEI is extremely flawed because it doesn't take into account the PR of the page (yah it's not that important, but won't get cralwed without it). For the terms I am going for (many of which are 2,000+ searches/day in Shawn's tools) are very unoptimized, highest sites have PR 5, one with PR 6 (only 500 back links listed).

So pretty much, KEI seems flawed for certain topics that may be mentioned a lot on a site, yet are not optimized for at all.

Anyone else seen the KIE flawed like this?

For example, KEI for "free pop up blockers" is like 1,000+, but good luck getting past google toolbar and panicware.

Is this just a flaw for the free trial since it only does MSN or something?

Let me know what you think...

hdpt00, Jul 23, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    So you want them to have a look at every PR of the existing pages optimizingf for that keyword plus checking out your PR to determine the popularity vs competition ratio?

I can't see why PR would have to be included in the function. It's just a ratio of popularity in searches by consumers offset against competition / numbers of webpages offering info on that search. PR doesn't really fit in there IMO.

T0PS3O, Jul 23, 2004 IP
  3. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    What I'm saying is that KEI should not be a determining factor even when it says 9 or 1,000. There is absolutely no way I'm passing google toolbar for "free pop up blockers" but I am quite confident I can be on the first page for they keyword I am going for that has a KEI of 9.

So I'm saying I don't think KEI is that big of a deal that some people make it.

Was trying to see if people agree or not.

hdpt00, Jul 23, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It is just like PR really. Nobody knows the exact maths behind it, it doesn't mean a thing really but could be used here and there as a rough guide to get an idea of performance. The only determining factor I'm interested in is ROI. KEI, search stats, ad costs etc are just means of finding out the risk present for NOT getting decent ROI.

T0PS3O, Jul 23, 2004 IP