1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress vs. HTML

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bkkguy, Jul 25, 2012.

1. webfella

webfella Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress ultimately ends up like every other site as rendered html on the browser.
    If you just want to focus on html you will be limited by what the site can do, in that all the pages will be static.

webfella, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  2. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress for ready code and it's a content management system.
    No coding is necessary just only editing needed.

lolpasslol, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  3. conradbarrett

conradbarrett Active Member

Best Answers:
    100% wordpress. Google likes it, easy to use and tons of customization at your fingertips.

conradbarrett, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  4. RingLord

RingLord Active Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress easy to use, many great plugin for seo optimization.

RingLord, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  5. Bryan.D.Headrick

Bryan.D.Headrick Peon

Best Answers:
    It's certainly good to learn how to build a site from scratch on HTML, but for the sake of being manageable and consistent without having to rewrite the same old content or copy and paste lots of stuff it really doesn't make sense to have a site that's straight. Wordpress isn't bloated. Granted, if you install too many plugins, it can slow it down, but with a bit of caching, you can usually offset that.

Bryan.D.Headrick, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  6. RankViper

RankViper Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about difference between PHP and HTML? OR difference between blogger and Wordpress? Because both HTML and wordpress are different things. For what purpose you are asking this question? HTML is used design static web pages whereas Wordpress is a powerful CMS, coded in PHP which is suitable for dynamic web pages.

RankViper, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  7. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is simple and dedicated for beginners in website designing. Besides WordPress there are more similar programs, eg Weebly. As I said they are simple for beginners but they are also very limited and not so flexible like designing from scratch by html and css coding. I prefer html and css coding and I use Dreamweaver for that.

richardm55, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  8. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can not compare html and WordPress. As others said before they are completely 2 different things. HTML is mark-up language and every website is built from html. WordPress is designing program (visual one) using many templates for it.
    Personally I don't like those visual programs including WordPress because they will never generate clear and proper html code for better page ranking (SEO).

richardm55, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  9. 3dy.ro

3dy.ro Member

Best Answers:
    What?

WordPress is a designing program? All this time I thought it was a content management system and blogging platform.

I also thought that, while you can use themes (and there is a huge market for them), you can also create your own in the same way you would code an HTML page (but roughly 50 times more difficult since you have to know the platform and, indeed, also PHP).

Many designers set their clients' websites up on WordPress so that they can be easily edited through a friendly interface after their collaboration ends. Other people just use it for blogging, ecommerce, building web directories, job boards, and so on. It's a very flexible platform which gives you the tools to build any kind of website if you know how to use it right.

The difference between HTML and WordPress is not only in what they are, but also in functionality. With WordPress you can build dynamic pages (which is quite natural since it's a PHP script), with HTML you can't. I think that's a good enough explanation for anyone who wants to know the difference between the two.

3dy.ro, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  10. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress all the way. But, its like making a comparison between a brick and a house.

dotcompals, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  11. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As I said before you can not compare html and wordpress. I think most people writing comments here don't understand that. Html is mark-up language is used to build any website, including wordpress. Html is foundation for every website. But html creates static website so there are other languages like Javascript and php which make website dynamic.
    WordPress is whole designing environment with all all elements: html, css, javascript, php and mySQL. WordPress uses ready designed templates to create your website.

You don't need WordPress to make your website dynamic!!!! Just use html, css and Javascript, or sometimes php and mySQL for handling forms and databases.

Of course, some people like WordPress because it is easier to build your website there. There are ready templates you can easily use. Personally, I don't like those programs like WordPress. I prefer to build my website for coding it from scratch because I will always have more control over html and css code which is important for SEO purpose.

richardm55, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  12. chrislim2888

chrislim2888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress for me, as this provide me lots of free plugin to be installed and used.. I don't think i will build it ground up from HTML or HTML template.

chrislim2888, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  13. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every website is built from html even seems not to be.

richardm55, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  14. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    HTML and CSS are the foundation for every website. HTML gives content and CSS gives presentation. Both are essential but create only static website. If you want dynamic one you must add (I said add, because they can not work alone without html) other languages like JavaScript which works on client side and PHP which works on server side.

richardm55, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  15. MarkTheUser

MarkTheUser Member

Best Answers:
    You have to use html and css if you want to make a good website even if you are using wordpress.. or you can pay for themes that someone else made.

MarkTheUser, Aug 7, 2012 IP