1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by TwisterMc, Feb 7, 2005.

It used to bug me but now I'm on a mission. How do I upgrade Wordpress without loosing all my edits. I just don't get it. :confused: I need to go from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2. And hopefully 1.5 someday soon, when it's released.

TwisterMc, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  2. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know if it's any help, but I upgraded from 1.2.2 to 1.5 just following the instructions on the WP site, super smooth and didn't lose any posts or anything. Though still in beta 1.5 appears to be very stable (at least I've not found any problems with it... Why not just take the plunge and jump straight to 1.5, the new features with layouts and such are pretty slick.

dakar, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  3. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you need help, PM me. I feel it's pretty simple. No hickups.

honey, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  4. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I'll just wait till 1.5 but I'm not installing till it's official. Which I hope is soon. And honey, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. ;)

TwisterMc, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  5. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good news for you then... 1.5 was just released :)

dakar, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  6. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Really? Cool. Now to try and upgrade w/o screwing everything up. Ahh the challenge.

TwisterMc, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  7. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah my daughter asked me for a blog last night, so I jumped over to WP this morning to see what the latest news was on the CVS snapshots, and viola 1.5 is now the stable release.... Now the fun part of sorting out if I need to update anything from my existing CVS versions.

dakar, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  8. Ron R

Ron R Guest

Best Answers:
    My site is hosted with dreamhost. They provided a simple one click and confirm upgrade for wordpress. I have to say It is awesome. Sorry, I know that doesn’t help, but maybe your host has it to.

Ron R, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  9. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good to know, I have a few blogs on DH as well, didn;t know they'd upgraded the one click to 1.5 already, might have to see what damage it does to my CVS build of 1.5. Not sure if anything has even been changed.

Thanks

dakar, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  10. Ron R

Ron R Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many changes that will effect developers, but for a none technical person like myself the changes are hardly noticeable. There are some new features to try out.

Ron R, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  11. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    TwisterMc, too lazy to look at the source to see if you upgraded yet or not, but thought you'd like to know you have an extra --> at the bottom of your template... Looks like a extra close comment tag or you missed the comment start somewhere.

Maybe tommorrow I'll find enough ambition to run a diff against the builds, then again it's working so may not bother....

dakar, Feb 19, 2005 IP