1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Theme

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by terence2.0, Jan 6, 2015.

Hello,

How do I remove search function in the homepage from the Wordpress theme that is bought from the developer?
    Is there also a general practice that Developers would not allow changes make to their original theme and have some built-in measures to discourage modification.

Please enlighten me and million thanks in advance!

terence2.0, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  2. yize

yize Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding your second question, yes I have run into themes that have built-in measures, mostly if you try and remove links to the developer.

The best way would be to edit the theme itself, do you know where this search function is located and which file? If it is in the header of the site, try looking at the header.php file and comment out the search and see if that helps.

Have you tried contacting the developer and asking them if they would tell you how to do this?

yize, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to hide the search box you could modify the CSS and set the search form to display: none; That would be the easiest. (I just tested it. Very easy.) If you want to disable search or remove the search box from the HTML, you will have to modify the template file(s).

billzo, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  4. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Can you access the personal wordpress account? You need to modify the template manually.

Dario McNut, Jan 6, 2015 IP