1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress the_content_limit formatting driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by j0563, Feb 21, 2009.

I have done tons of searches and I still can not find a real solution to this issue.

When using the_content_limit in Wordpress, it is adding paragraph "<p>" tags around the content.

Example:

<?php the_content_limit(40, ""); ?>
    <strong><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>">Read More...</a></strong>
    PHP:
    I want the content to cut off and the "Read More" link to stay on the same line as the content. However, it is outputted like this:

<p>The content cut off at 40 characters<a href='http://www.example.com/article'></a></p><strong><a href="http://www.example.com/article">Read More...</a></strong>
    HTML:
    Notice that the content is wrapped in paragraph tags so now the "Read More..." link appears on a new line.

How can I correct this??

j0563, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  2. JGK

JGK Member

Best Answers:
    What file is that in, and is it a different theme or the default? I'm not finding this particular code in the default theme.

JGK, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  3. Sake7

Sake7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I see this is an old thread, but i have the same problem and i can't find a solution. Does anyone know how to remove that <p></p>?

Edit: Stupid me :p i found it in functions.php (if somebody is looking for it too).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
    Sake7, Aug 27, 2010 IP