1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress social share buttons without a plugin

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by dojodesign, Jun 8, 2019.

After trying to place social media share buttons with all kinds of plugins (and getting sick of them), I'd like to try code them into the theme. I did find few tutorials, but I'm not sure which one to choose. Can you please recommend me one that would allow people to properly share on facebook, pinterest, twitter etc. without any added hassles?

dojodesign, Jun 8, 2019 IP
  2. Lazylord

Lazylord Member

Best Answers:
    If you're using a page and theme builder like Elementor, you can set up social share without any plugin. Another option is to enable the sharing option in Jetpack plugin which most WordPress have installed on their site. It has some decent sharing options. I have installed the Social Pug sharing plugin on my site. It is a lightweight and no-frills solution to my needs and comes with different layout options.

Take your pick :)

Lazylord, Jun 16, 2019 IP
  3. EdgarAllanPwn

EdgarAllanPwn Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not entirely sure how much dev work it would take to code directly into your theme. Once thing to keep in mind is that if you go that route you'll need to make sure those changes aren't erased if you update your theme down the road. It's always a good idea to keep your theme and plugins updated to the latest versions.

I used to use Social Warfare, but after a few times they pushed updates and caused my sites to 500 or white screen on me I switched to Social Snap and haven't had any issues. I use Social Snap Lite, but they have a paid version with more options too.

EdgarAllanPwn, Jul 9, 2019 IP