1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress Pre-Made Theme

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Baby Boy, Aug 13, 2007.

Hey Everyone,

I need some help, I am starting a youth money making blog and I need some advice.

I wanted to make a custom theme for the WordPress blog but I am not quite sure of it yet and I have decided to use a pre-made theme for the time being for a month or so while I look (and hopefully) learn the module followed to make WordPress themes.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if my site would lose any credibility if I were to use a pre-made theme for the time being. The fact is that many people are probably using the theme and I want my site to be unique but for right now, I can't afford to buy one. I can make one (make a template) but I need to learn how to implement it and then a little bit more time to actually integrate it into the system.

Is this fine or would my it make my site look "generic?"

Baby Boy, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  2. r3born

r3born Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to use a free template, but customize the color scheme and get yourself a custom header/logo.

r3born, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  3. ServiceCube

ServiceCube Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the best idea. Rather use a free template. Just edit the color scheme and logos. Edit the footers. Change the ad colors and sizes and probably some placements.

That's it. Its gonna look more or less your own template ;)

ServiceCube, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  4. designerz

designerz Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah. A free template won't mess with what you're trying to write about too badly. It's probably the best way to go about it.

designerz, Aug 14, 2007 IP