1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress password protect directory

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Klikkit, Jun 10, 2013.

Is there a way to protect a web directory so that users have to login with their wordpress login? (The wordpress login used by members on my site that is).

Scenario: I'm using html Crosswords created with CrosswordForge, and they are exported from the program in the following way:

Folder (Crossword name) > crossword_name.xml, cwf_live.swf, index.html

What I was doing before is just using S2 member and putting the crosswords in an iFrame on the wordpress page, but I'm now just displaying them raw with a page that links to all of them.

Example of raw output: http://www.modernlanguages.org/crosswords/english/vocab03/vocab3.html

As there are around a thousand crosswords to upload and I can't imagine creating and editing 1000 pages within wordpress and iFraming them (if you know of a way of doing this please feel free to help)

That's the scenario, so I'm looking to password protect the /crosswords/ folder, but obviously a htaccess wont suffice as the logins are automatically generated via S2 Member's subscription service. (Requiring wordpress login)

Klikkit, Jun 10, 2013 IP