1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress next page-previous page?!?!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sivric.marijan, Jul 11, 2016.

sivric.marijan, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  2. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    WPBeginner has a quick video tutorial about that:

Clive, Oct 3, 2016 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few of these floating around... https://wordpress.org/plugins/sgr-nextpage-titles/

As an aside, there is very little that angers me more than folks doing that for page views... if the article is freaking huge, like a literal expose, than sure. Otherwise its quite annoying.

N.

Nigel Lew, Oct 3, 2016 IP
  4. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    People split content into multiple pages for various reasons, page hits, more views, richer analytics stats etc. Annoying, when you're focused on getting the information that you need and have to keep clicking to read it all, yes.

Clive, Oct 4, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    Completely true, I'll immediately leave the site if it's just like "Top 10 of stuff" sites but they have to split it into 10 pages, but more annoying if it was "top 100 of stuff" in one page (feel like one if the page was full of images and auto-play videos and I use a limited bandwidth) :D

For the TS if you don't want to use a plugin, you can write a simple function in your child theme's functions.php

Well, it's not a prev-next but I think it'd serve the same purpose.

function my_post_page_button( $buttons, $id ){
       if ( 'content' != $id ){return $buttons;}
       array_splice( $buttons, 13, 0, 'wp_page' );
       return $buttons;
    }
    add_filter( 'mce_buttons', 'my_post_page_button', 1, 2 );
    Code (markup):
    And go to your post, make sure Visual tab is the active tab and check for "page break" button on the bar.

I don't know if you can customize it to prev-next or not you can see full reference here https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/mce_buttons,_mce_buttons_2,_mce_buttons_3,_mce_buttons_4

bagongjigong, Nov 1, 2016 IP