1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Multisite

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by designventures, Oct 20, 2014.

Hi
    I wish to know user feedback on Multisite for WP. I have around 40+ domains lying around and I wish to setup sites with articles and affiliates etc.

Is multisite preferred or individual site? I will not be updating all the sites and may be update it twice a year. Will set things on auto-post by future dates or something.

Also, being a novice to coding, back in past I had issues where I tried to install plugin or update wp and it screwed up the website and I had to rebuilt it again and again.

So if I use multi-wp, is there a chance where one mistake can takedown all other websites?

Needs some user feedback....

designventures, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should be ok. Its certainly a bit quicker to set up new subdomains with wpmu and map them to a domain.

I have done this a few times lately. Its actually pretty simple.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  3. designventures

designventures Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also just confirming...will all different domains will have different databases...

designventures, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  4. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend to use a VPS for a Wordpress multisite. Because as you will be installing a lot plugins they may utilize lot of resources. Wordpress is majorly targeted by spammers. So I recommend to install security plugins as well. To aviod issues. If you need any help let me know.

AlphaNine_Vini, Oct 20, 2014 IP