1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress is all what I am thinking about | Could you please answer my 10 newbie ques

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by GAdsense, Mar 15, 2007.

GAdsense, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  2. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Thanks for viewing this thread.

I have launched a site some days ago and I am seriously considering to launch a proper wordpress blog on which I have my full control. Besides writing content on my blog, I have many confusions and 10 unanswered questions.

I am completely new to wordpress and It is going to be my first blog.

I am willing to give a green rep to everyone who given the best answers to my 10 Questions. Thanks A Million :)

I appreciate green rep cause it took me quite some time to think all the 10 unanswered questions to me. I am sure it will help a lot of persons, if it helps you as well then I think I deserve the green rep .... Thanks! - You rocks!

I made it here http://www.mylotlovers.info/blog

My Questions:

1. Which theme of wordpress to select, as my niche is SEO, Adsense, Tools etc. Does every free theme available over internet is having thier own SEO power? I mean to say wordpress is considered to be SEO Friendly and that is why it gets good PR soon compared to a website, am i right? Is this concept depends on the theme we use?

2. How to exactly install a theme. Is is just to download and upload it to themes folder? how the server will know which theme to show as If I download more than one and upload some?

3. I would like to know more about plugins. In my concept it is more like firefox extensions which helps you do great things by just installing the plugin and it do the rest, Is that so? Do plugins require sql databases?

3.1 Is this true that the more plugins you have the more time it will take to load the blog?

3.2 Is there any benefit like the more plugins you have the better the SEO, if the plugins are related to SEO. Any disadvantages of plugins?

3.3 How to install plugins? Is there different methods of installing each plugin?

3.4 I have heard about some really good plugins that one should install before starting a wordpress blog, what are your personal recommendations?

3.5 I need to know about several plugins. I hope I can define the purpose and you can name the plugins.

a) For stopping spam
    b) For implenting great SEO
    c) Social Bookmarking
    d) Big Digg and Delicious Buttons
    e) Technorati Tags
    f) Some plugin that let you show the title post and starting lines of content and then " Read more of the entry here"
    g) Placing Adsense
    h) RSS
    I) Any plugin for getting more traffic
    j) For showing date box on the left side
    k) For managing to paste image in most of the posts
    L) Your recommended plugins
    m) Any plugin allows to set layout

4. What is exactly RSS, Really Simple Syndication? But what is that, users can read your post easily via RSS? How to get this is action? To tell you the truth I am very afraid about RSS, it seems quite complicated. Is that so?

5. What are the best tricks about using wordpress in your view? I recently heard about timeposting and that sounds quite interesting. Do you know any more tricks?

6. Special ways to get traffic? As I mentioned my niche is about SEO, Adsense, Tools, Money Making Opportunites etc so it is really hard to write quality posts, everytime you need to write something worth. It is impossible for me to manage keywords in those posts as I don't have enough time to research keywords I need target. So I need traffic to my blog, what can be the best ways for e.g blog carnival - technorati - Digg and what's more?

7. What do you think about what are the best things I should always include in a wordpress post? nice content, images? what more?

8. How to best monetize the blog by not irritating the users to read the content, navigate the blog. Prefer GAdsense and any other good way?

9. How to create a mailing list, I mean a text box where users can put thier email to register to a mailing list. How to do this? Where the mailing list will be built, no idea. Please help.

10. For backlinks, besides directory submission what can I really do? Directory Submission might not work for my blog as it is a sub page so very few directories accept sub pages submission. How do you collect backlinks? I need my blog to be PR5, how much time it can take?

If you need to share something more beneficial, something great then I would be really glad to know about that.

Hey! Thanks again in advance for answering my 10 unanswered questions to the best of your capabalities and I really appreciate your help! as I know it must have took you quite some time as well. :)

3. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    1. the theme really shouldn't effect the SEO.
    2. upload the theme to your server and select the theme from within the wordpress admin area.
    3. if you have questions about specific plugins, do some searches and read up on them before you install them.
    4. again, do a search for RSS there is plenty of material out there that can explain it better than i can.
    5. do a search
    6 do a search
    7 do a search
    8 do a search
    9 do a search
    10 do a search

It seems clear that you have made little effort to find answers for your questions on your own. Answers to most of these questions could probably be found just by searching these forums. When you have a question, start with google. If you cant find what you are looking for, people here are always happy to help - but make an effort on your own and try to limit the number of questions you ask in each thread, you are more likely to get responses when you have fewer questions.

Sorry if i am coming off as rude. It's just that most of these questions are very basic and shouldn't be hard to find the answers for.

BILZ, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  4. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    BILZ, I agree with you. It should be done like that.

I am not feeling lazy to do those searches but I have my own set of problems due to which I started this thread and I believe that many of the people here ca n answer these questions like peanuts and I can get the latest and the best information that I might not be able to get via searches .... that was the only reason I started this thread.

But I will take care for this, I will try my best next time to do things the way you mentioned.

No Problem. I believe it is all about what you learn not the way you learn. Similarly, I don't think about how you presented and I am more concerned about what you presented. So thanks to you and I think this is the way we all learn ... :)

5. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Fair enough. Here's some more answers for ya...

5. I am not familiar with any tricks other than list your rss feed with as many feed sites as you can and try to post often, daily if possible.
    6 the ways you mention to get traffic are good but there are always other options. SEO marketing blogs are a dime a dozen, so you gonna have a lot of competition. You'll have to be creative when trying to get traffic. One good way to start is to link to your blog from here. (which it appears you have)
    7 relevant images are good to have in your posts, people like to see images. But they arent necessary, especially if they aren't relevant.
    8 adsense is a good start to monetizing your blog. Consider other affiliate programs that are of interest to you readers. If you are writing about SEO than many of your readers will be webmasters. Use affiliate ads for things like hosting or something those readers would be interested in.
    9 you can add a form to your blog that saves email address to a database, or you can just allow people to register on your wordpress blog and use the list of emails from that.
    10 getting backlinks - theres too much to talk about to cover in this thread. There is an entire section in the forums here. You'll need to go and read up on that and use some creativity not spam.

BILZ, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  6. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your additional answers!
    Some of those were quite helpful :)

I wish if some more people can take some out and answer these 10 questions in detail then It can be a 12all guide for every one who are new to wordpress.

I believe every newbie will give a green rep to the best answerers.

So please do so if you can .... Thanks! :)

GAdsense, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  7. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    where's my green? :)

BILZ, Mar 16, 2007 IP
    GAdsense likes this.
  8. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Already given you a Green Rep! Check your UserCP :)

GAdsense, Mar 16, 2007 IP