1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Infinite Scroll Ad Question

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Ian, Apr 30, 2016.

So I'm trying to figure out how to configure my Wordpress template with infinite scroll with a customized twentytwelve template to work where as the new post loads, so do a new set of ads. (similar to what ESPN, Forbes, etc. does) I'm using the Infinite Transport plugin, which works fine and the new posts load perfectly, so that part is great. But right now when the new post loads, the ads won't load. I've tried the lazyload ad plugin thinking maybe that would work, but haven't had any luck there either (the first ads load, but not the others and I've tested it with an ad network that has no issue with multiple instances of the same code appearing).

I'd also like to have a fixed sidebar with a rotating ad as well that would also change whenever a user scrolls to the next post. But I can't quite seem to get the first issue worked out, let alone being able to move on to that and I've been Googling for days with no real luck, so I figured I'd take a shot here.

Wondering if anyone else has done a similar modification to their template and might be able to offer some guidance? Appreciate your help in advance :)

Ian, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  2. karjen

karjen Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using Iframe on your ad? or javascript?,Have you also tried it on another browser? like chrome? because sometimes ads wont work on firefox. May I know the name of your site so I can have a look?

karjen, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ads from who would be my first question. I don't think this is allowed with adsense.

EDIT: Actually....

"Yes, my rep told me this. Just checked the meeting notes one more time. So you're allowed to have 3 ads in the first 2400 pixels, then one ad each 800 pixels after that. However, according to him, this policy will change. No idea when though."
    N.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Nigel Lew, May 1, 2016 IP
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is unrelated to adsense as the ads are from a separate ad network, although adsense permits up to 3 ads on a given page but I'm not using them in this application.

As I mentioned, the first instance of the ad will load, but the second instance when the new post loads doesn't. When the ad code is tested by hard-coding two instances, it loads fine. Wondering if anyone has seen a good example of infinite post in Wordpress with success loading the javascript from the ads and having them open when the new post loads.

Ian, May 1, 2016 IP
  5. Андрей200

Андрей200 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, how much time will ocupe me to learn wordpress?

Андрей200, May 5, 2016 IP