1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress in the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Vladimir Smitka, May 17, 2015.

?

Do you use any dashboard to control all your WP sites?

1. Yes, Infinite WP

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, Manage WP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, iThemes Sync

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, other (please share you experience in the comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hi,

I'm a member of Czech WP community and speaker at various conferences (WordCamp, etc.).

I did a complex research of Czech WordPress environment last month, unfortunately just before wave of updates. I found and analyzed 65,000 WP sites and tried to determine their versions, used themes and plugins and many more.

Some points from my research:

56% of Czech WP sites using version 3.9+. On the other hand, there are 4% sites using version 2 and lower.
    [​IMG]
    11% of sites using default template. Other popular templates are Avada (premium), Graphene, Responsive, Enfold (premium) and Vantage.

The most popular plugins are All in One SEO Pack (28% sites use it), Contact Form 7 (25%), Nextgen Gallery (16%), YARRP (4%) and Slider Revolution (4%).

In case of the Slider Revolution - more than 20 % of sites are using version containing serious vulnerability.

6% sites using some of Security Plugins, the most popular is iThemes Security.

Apache is the most common http server (78%), of course (18% nginx).

Only 0,24% of sites using HTTPS with valid certificate.

Images represent 58% of the homepages size, javascripts 30% (I didn't expect such a high number).

Size of images is the most common problem according to Google PageSpeed - I found some sites with more than 70MB of images on their homepage.

Average Pagespeed score is between 70-90%.

Data are related to the Czech Republic, but I think that situation is very similar in other coutries. Details are available in my article.

I would like to contact owners and creators of vulnarable sites and provide them information how to repair their sites.

Updates are crucial in WP world, so I highly recomend to use some dashboard to mass management (e.g. InfiniteWP, ManageWP, iThemes Sync) or WP Updates Notifier plugin at least.

You can found more tips how to enhance security in my slides from WordCamp Prague 2015.

Vladimir Smitka, May 17, 2015 IP