1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Ignoring Link Structure Somehow

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by YMC, May 31, 2009.

I'm in the process of moving a small existing site from a CMS package that will remain nameless to Wordpress. It is a small enough site that I thought I would move the entries by hand.

For now I've got the old/live site running in place and have installed Wordpress in oldsite.com/blog/.

Things had been working fairly well until I started working on the permalink structure and trying to get it to match the old site. I'm using sCategory plugin because the template I'm using makes use of Headline and Feature categories to lay out the homepage which forces some entries to be listed in more than one category.

What I'm seeing is the same page being displayed for...

oldsite.com/category/sub-category/postname.html

as

oldsite.com/blog/category/sub-category/postname/

meaning the page that should be using the blog template is somehow reverting back to the original page and the original page's content but showing the correct URL for the new blog.

Anyone have any idea where the redirect is coming from?

YMC, May 31, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I may not be reading this right but it looks like you were in /blog at one site and at the root level in the other. Did you update the path in your config.php file?

internetmarketingiq, May 31, 2009 IP