1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress: How to get access/edit/add js file from Wordpress Dashboard??

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Md Jahirul Islam, Feb 14, 2015.

Can anyone tell me how can I access or edit my js (javascript) files from Wordpress dashboard?? I can get access in css/.php files from Appearence-> Editor option. Is there any way to get access / edit / add js file without getting cpanel access, just from WP Dashboard??

Md Jahirul Islam, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  2. Regrouping-webmaster

Regrouping-webmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    No. You have to actually get to the files you have, but fortunatially this is easy.
    Two ways:
    1) open your cpanel and open file manager. Browse to the files (check the path of the URL).

2) Access the files via ftp. You have to set up ftp access via the cpanel if you haven't done it before. It's more work to setup but faster once you do.

Regrouping-webmaster, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  3. junedc

junedc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Better create some child theme. Here's a tutorial for that http://wordpressinaction.com/creating-child-theme-wordpress/

junedc, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  4. minionnz

minionnz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are some plugins that will let you edit any file I believe. Here's one https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpide/ (not a recommendation, haven't used it - but it is possible)

minionnz, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah just use FTP client and have the your local directory and access to the remote directory to easily make changes in your preferred HTML/text editor/client and upload/overwrite with Filezilla. Best and fastest way if you do a lot of editing and making a lot of changes on the go all the time.

Or bookmark the /wp-admin/themes.php?page=wpeditor_themes page page.
    If you use WP-Editor plugin it gives you more access to the themes files.

Mkcoy, Mar 25, 2015 IP