1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Help Need to Remove Archives, Meta

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by glorybeme, Mar 14, 2009.

I am new to wordpress. I followed an online tutorial to use wordpress to make an Ebay affiliate store. It explained a lot but didn't tell you how to remove The Archives, Categories, and Meta from the right hand side. I have looked around the dashboard but can't figure out how to do this.

you can see what I have done so far:

http://vending-machine-toys.com/

Can anyone tell me how to get those items off the right hand side?

glorybeme, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  2. ThreeGuineaWatch

ThreeGuineaWatch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remove the widgets. Go to Appearance -> Widgets and customise your sidebars there.

(Assuming the theme is widget aware, which I think that one is. By the way I see them on the right hand side.)

ThreeGuineaWatch, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  3. glorybeme

glorybeme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried customizing the widgets. It says sidebar 1, there is no place to remove Meta or Archives.

Also I want to Add another Header or Subject with links under like I did with where it says Vending Machines in Gray and has the links underneath.

glorybeme, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  4. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If theme is not well supported by widgets, you would need to manually edit these in sidebar.php located in your theme folder.

Big0ne, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  5. Houdy

Houdy Peon

Best Answers:
    Add the widgets you want shown on the sidebar and then click save changes. Then only the ones you specify should show.

Houdy, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  6. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Remove the meta and archive widgets from admin panel if your theme allows it. PM me if you still need help. Very experienced in these matters..BTW what ver of WP are you using?

SFOD_D223, Mar 14, 2009 IP