1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress Free themes vs Premium Themes

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by atsad, Apr 8, 2019.

WP Free themes (repository themes) & premium (paid) themes still getting me a little nervous while thinking for SEO & traffics of my sites. Studied lots of articles on NET about the pros & cons of free themes & paid themes. There are dozens of different views.

Should we switch to Premium themes for all of our sites?
    What is your opinion?
    SEMrush

atsad, Apr 8, 2019 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Lolipop_guy

Lolipop_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try with both and see how it works. I always used only free themes. But it also depends on a website, etc.

Lolipop_guy, Apr 19, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I figure you get what you pay for... so if a site is of value to you then it should be worth paying for the theme. My main issue with free/bought themes over bespoke is that they "do too much" and the html they generate is messier.

sarahk, Apr 19, 2019 IP
  4. AttaboyRoi

AttaboyRoi Member

Best Answers:
    I feel it mostly depends on scale. There are some free themes that will meet requirements for small sites. Some premium themes offer free basic options so you can purchase them later if you need them. Regarding SEO, if you have multiple sites or a favorite plugin, you might prefer that regardless of the cost of the theme.

AttaboyRoi, May 2, 2019 IP
  5. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    Premium themes are added with additional feature in most cases. But in some cases free themes are much more better then less reviewed premium themes. You need to make sure the theme is SEO friendly and Responsive to every device.

AlphaNine_Vini, May 7, 2019 IP
  6. RevForce19

RevForce19 Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer the premium themes only because I think the accept the plugins better.... just my personal opinion. If you're looking for a basic page and a little bit of content then go free

RevForce19, May 7, 2019 IP