1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Cutom XML Export Script For Realestate.com.au

Discussion in 'Programming' started by webseo, Oct 16, 2015.

I am a Wordpress developer and I have been asked by my client to investigate if it is possible to have a custom script made that will allow my client to export an xml file to import into one of Australias top realestate website. Realestate.com.au allows registered users to import xml files of property listings into its property listing system.

My client has a small property listing company and part of his package to property listing clients is that he will also list the property with realestate.com.au and domain.com.au who has a similar xml import facility.

What I would like to know is, is there a programmer on DP who could make this xml export script for me?

This is a brief summary of what my client would like: A client submits a property listing on my clients website, they then click a link that says, Publish. My client then looks over the listing and makes any changes and then publishes the listing on his site. Then he makes an xml file that is compatible with the import facility at realestate.com.au

If you beleive you could help or advise me on this request, please IM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thankyou in advance.

Steve

webseo, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This should be a basic XML-file based on the published information (which is stored in the database, I assume) - hence the only caveat is what format the site-owners apply to their XML-format. It's not very hard to do, and if you're running on Wordpress, I'm sure you can find a plugin which can generate an XML-file based on database content.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  3. webseo

webseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thankyou Popsicle for your advice. What you are suggesting sounds easy but it is a bit above my skill level. I will end up outsourcing it if my feasibility report and quote meets with my clients needs. Is this something you would be confident you could do?

webseo, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I could do it, no problem. If you can't find anyone local, gimme a shout via message. Preferably with an estimate on budget, so I can see if I'm interested or not :)

PoPSiCLe, Oct 16, 2015 IP