1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress: Custom shortcode to accomplish this?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Josh-H, Sep 7, 2012.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if someone could give me some helpful hints as to how to accomplish this, maybe even tell me what I should be searching for, as at the moment I'm not so sure!

Basically, I want to have two content area sliders on my homepage, that are populated by a Wordpress page in this manner.

[area 1]
    [item]An image[/item] [item]An image[/item] [item]An image[/item] [item]An image[/item]
    [/area 1]

[area 2]
    [item]An image[/item] [item]An image[/item] [item]An image[/item] [item]An image[/item]
    [/area 2]

So then the php code for the sliders loads the wordpress page, strips out the unnecessary stuff from get_the_content() and adds the items for that area into an array so I can use them in the slider. I can do the javascript for the slider, just don't know how to setup the parsing of the post to get the correct content in the first place!

Thanks!

Josh-H, Sep 7, 2012 IP