1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress.com/org Question

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by SarahDMori, Sep 2, 2014.

Hello!
    I am a blogger who has been blogging for about 6 months now who just recently switched over to from Blogger.com to Wordpress.com.
    While I love the platform of wordpress.com to blogger, I am really just testing out the waters to see how long I will stick with blogging. So far I love it and my goal is by January of next year to begin blogging on Wordpress.org (I don't want to begin paying for a domain name that I won't even use in 6 months time) however I have a concern.

I know switching around can be difficult but my main reason for switching to wordpress.com was the community and feedback from other bloggers. I also liked how when using the tags, I can search blog's similar to my own. I am curious if Wordpress.org has a similar feel when it comes to community and finding other blogs as well as others finding your blog.
    I just had a hard time getting traffic/views on my blog on Blogger account and I don't want to run into that same issue.
    If anyone knows the answer to this or has switched from wordpress.com TO wordpress.org i would appreciate it!

SarahDMori, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No. Wordpress.org doesn't have this feature. The main advantage is that you got the complete control over your website.

Hefaistos, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  3. rajgupta

rajgupta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi SarahDMori

There is something that wordpress.com offers for such a situation.
    If you go for "Custom Domains" on wordpress.com they can redirect all your visitors from existing yourblog.wordpress.com to your chosen domain.
    You can read all about it here - http://store.wordpress.com/premium-upgrades/custom-domains/

rajgupta, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  4. amsang

amsang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wordpress.org is the ultimate experience, the final frontier. Don't hesitate, just go for it. Now just as you had build a readership for blogger and wordpres.com, you will be able to do it again. Sad news is that you have to do it all over again, no shortcuts there.
    Did you by chance have disqus on your blog. That might just ease it a bit.
    You may want to continue use of the blogger account and the wordpress.com account. Whatever you post can also be posted on blogger and wordpress.com
    Also its a great way to link up your articles.

amsang, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  5. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Buy a domain name & hosting. Then add wordpress to it and you will get full control over your website or blog.

pupul, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  6. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    In Wordpress.org you can find many blogs through searching niches using tags. There are many bloggers in Wordpress.org and you can even connect with them. There is also an option to reblog and others can find your blog as well. It is like Tumblr at some point but the content is very interesting. They also feature top blog posts every day.

usemyteam, Oct 8, 2014 IP