1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress - Changing background color on a single page

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by smokey99, Apr 16, 2015.

Hi Folks,
    I have a site I am working on, I like the color scheme, but on the order form page, I need to change the background to just a plain color
    This page has lots of other issues right now, but my main concern is to make the body behind the form a plain color so the form is more readable.
    http://riverbendsigns.com/signs/order-custom-signs-2/

Thanks for any help you can provide
    SK

smokey99, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend you use a web browser with built-in web developer tools like Firefox (or even Google Chrome). Hit F12 and open the web developer tools and select an element and investigate it (or its parents) to find the relevant CSS you need to target.

Wordpress will place specific classes on pages so you can target only that page. For example, your page ID is 79. You can see in your HTML that Wordpress has put class "page-id-79" on the body element for only that page. So if you want to target that specific page, put something in your CSS such as:

.page-id-79 {
    background: none;
    }

You will have to experiment as needed to do what you want to do, deal with specificity, etc.

billzo, Apr 16, 2015 IP