1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress categories with 404 error

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Divvy, Sep 4, 2018.

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me with this.
    I've already spent many hours on this and I can't find any explanation why this is happening.

All my category pages are showing 404 not found errors.
    Screenshot: https://monosnap.com/file/lWJjoxSnEkulelJdSp0oBRaVPqvASO

I tried 1001 things but without any success, such as:

• update permalinks
    • update htaccess file
    • delete htaccess file and update permalinks for WordPress create a new one automatically
    • disable all plugins
    • change theme
    • create a new category, but the new URL doesn't work either.

I don't believe that could be a server problem because I have other WordPress sites with same theme/plugins hosted in the same server and all are running without any problems.

Any suggestion? What could be?

Thanks in advance.

Divvy, Sep 4, 2018 IP
  2. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please provide me link of the website so I can view and tell you the solution?

salmanshafiq, Sep 29, 2018 IP
  3. Harshal shah

Harshal shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Look like you have tried all the basic and may be advance solution to get rid out of 404 error.
    But Still let me come up with few other suggestion and hope it will work for you.

Have you checked whether the slug of the category match with any post type or page?
    Sometimes slug conflict will result in 404 error in worpdress.
    Try to change the slug of the category and view the category url (try permalink update too)

When you visit category page, does it show the design from your active theme? OR Do you see a blank white page?
    IF it shows the design from your theme, then please check your .htaccess file for some rewrite rules.
    Better to keep default htaccess code and try to execute url to cross check.

If it shows blank page, then it must be the issue with your hosting configuration.

Harshal shah, Oct 11, 2018 IP