1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress bulk image upload saving multiple resolution of each image

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by fandu, Sep 9, 2015.

I am working on my first wordpress website and thought the wallpaper site would be the easiest. I did went overboard and got over 50gb of wallpapers.
    Now as I uploaded the images to Wordpress, I noticed each image was saved multiple times with different resolution which resulted in maxing the file usage on my host.
    The theme I am using is (abhishek wallpaper theme) and I did contact the developer and waiting for an answer.
    In the meanwhile, I am looking to see if there are any other alternatives to storing images with different resolutions. Maybe a plugin which converts images on demand? Cheap cloud storage for images and connect with WP? Looking for suggestions. Point me in the right direction. I am not looking for detailed directions and ready to put in the effort.

fandu, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

You can stop WordPress from generating default image sizes by visiting Settings ยป Media in WordPress Admin Area Dashboard. There you will see default image sizes predefined by WordPress. You need to set these sizes to 0 which will prevent WordPress from generating default image sizes when you upload a new images....

Goodluck

themes4all, Sep 12, 2015 IP