1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress blog host affiliate program ~ tons of revenue to be made!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Falling Down, Jan 4, 2009.

I just opened a new blog host, it's only a one-time fee of $5 to join, I plan to make the income from advertising in the dashboard (the sites are ad free) and upgrades that are $12-$120 yearly at the moment. You know, it's meant for people going from LiveJournal, Xanga, etc. This is how my affiliate program runs:

Pretty good deal really, you get $100 for referring 50 customers. It's most likely that 10 of them will upgrade, so you get another $100.

This is the main site: http://myblogstartup.com/
    And here's my news section: http://newsroom.myblogstartup.com/

If you're interested, please send an e-mail to so I can arrange things out.

I think this would work good on Social Networking/Blogging/Money/and Forums.

Falling Down, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  2. Ahlera

Ahlera Peon

Best Answers:
    The account has been suspended apparently.

Ahlera, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  3. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, sorry, am trying to sort it now. It's a billing issue with my host, should be fixed in a couple of hours. I don't know why they wait a month to tell me I'm missing a payment on another package... I actually reported them to the BB earlier today.

4. Ahlera

Ahlera Peon

Best Answers:
    Use different hosts for different projects, especially if they're small enough to fit on a VPS account.

It really helps for SEO (imagine the benefits of having 10 different VPS accounts with 10 different class C IP addresses), but it really helps for preventing this kind of thing from happening.

Ahlera, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  5. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, as soon as I make $20, I'm going to move it onto Media Temple as they have great service and they have that type of thing where everything's on different servers. I'm mainly doing it because I've done free hosting in the past, but also because I'm in debt, plus, I have nothing better to do than to help people with their blogs. :D.

Looks bad that I've got it all set up and then for it to go down though!

6. Tia_Rockz

Tia_Rockz Banned

Best Answers:
    u r providing hosting service and ur hosted on other host what a joke man

Tia_Rockz, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  7. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    Not really, that's the whole purpose of having a reseller account. Plus, if you could actually see it :)rolleyes:), you'll know that it's not meant for people that have experience in blogging and instead due it for personal reasons. Like I said, it's for those currently on Blogger/LiveJournal/Xanga/etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. andrewblachut@bigpond.com

andrewblachut@bigpond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well picked up Tia, very observent of you. We'll still give him the benefit of the doubt. At least he is proactive

9. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    What? There are probably hundreds of shared hosting websites that run off resellers. They can hold 100 people easily, and of course, when it gets too big we'd then move into a bigger space. You all are just so used to having 1TB of space with 2TB of transfer rate per month for the price I charge!

10. grk519

grk519 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're trying to run a buisness and in your own marketing ad you include that:

- Your not even able to host accounts at this time because your suspended.
    - Your doing this because you're in debt.

Now, you want people to sign up to see that you're suspended again next month? And if someone hosts with you for years how does a $5 one-time fee cover that?

All I'm saying is if you're already broke and in debt I dont see how offering a free service that YOU are going to have to pay for, will work.

grk519, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  11. dynamite196

dynamite196 Peon

Best Answers:
    So why should we sign up with you when we can get reliable better service elsewhere for the same price?

dynamite196, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  12. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    Like I said, I can get domains pretty cheap, $5 = $4 profit for me.

And it's only down at the moment because of a billing issue. I'm planning on moving from them in the next month or so if I can get enough money to afford a dedicated server which will last me a lot longer and cost me less in the long run. When I put this offer up, it seemed to be okay. It's just they never saw the money that was apparently missing from my account.

Falling Down, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  13. thekids

thekids Peon

Best Answers:
    i see, its very cheap

thekids, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  14. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    It's working again, WAHEY!!!! I'm going to go ahead and do a backup tonight.

For those interested, take a look at the first post. I'm going to put my all into this project and make it work.

Falling Down, Jan 7, 2009 IP