1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress and Google Help Please

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by TwisterMc, Dec 27, 2004.

I have a blog that was on blogger and moved to my website and changed over to WordPress about a month ago. Since then Google has index very random pages but not all of them. Here is an example. The actual post page shows up in my Blogger blog not not in my WordPress blog. The Wordpress results show the month and the category pages, not the post specific page.

Also my StatTraq plug in says Google and Yahoo have zero pages indexed out of 340.

Is it something I'm doing? Or is it Google?

Just Wondering..... Thanks :)

TwisterMc, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    I've found the same thing. My wordpress blog is seo'd to the gills and has completely changed in the last 3 months in seo terms and google still hasn't updated.

Try only one article on the first page; and build your self a sitemap. Do a google search on narchives.php. I built one using xenu; and let me tell you that was a real pain. There's a couple of posts on this forum with some good plugins as well; apply those. And then wait....

What's funny is I find the blog I purposely did nothing to is doing well....

flawebworks, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I wonder if it has to do with how the htaccess file is written? Maybe we're better off with the default install and dynamic URLs :?

4. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I just edited my permalinks to not end in / and i'll see if that helps. Doubt it. ;)

5. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    You may be right; I don't know. I do know that I've discovered that I hate blogging; and am in the process of converting any blog sites to a normal site. It takes too much time for me to tweak a blog site; whereas I can better spend the time where it needs to be on a normal site.

flawebworks, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  6. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Was it the trailing slash? Was it just time? Could it have been something else? Not sure but google has picked up lots of posts. :D (even though stattraq still says 0)

TwisterMc, Dec 29, 2004 IP