1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress alternatives?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Lizbeth Ross, May 18, 2020.

1. Vincent Tang

Vincent Tang Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best but there are many alternatives such godaddy,squarespace which are at higher notch
    SEMrush

Vincent Tang, Jun 30, 2022 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You cannot compare WordPress and GoDaddy / Squarespace (not even considering here that you can have WordPress on GoDaddy). WordPress is a standalone solution that you can work with regardless of the server you are using and you can move it from one place to another easily. GoDaddy / Squarespace are site builders where you are stuck with the provider, basically you are renting their space and apps. This may work for many, but if you are not happy or you find out that you don't have tools to achieve your goals in development then you cannot take Squarespace to a different server or provider.

I will not comment on the statement "WordPress is the best", as always the best always depends on something.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Jun 30, 2022 IP
  3. Vincent Tang

Vincent Tang Member

Best Answers:
    Its my suggestion and what I fill mate since your opinion is different I respect it

Vincent Tang, Jul 1, 2022 IP
  4. feind

feind Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It really depends on where you're going with the project, and what your skillset is - WordPress has the advantage of community, if you want to do anything, someone somewhere has created a plugin for that. The disadvantage is the often shoddy quality of those plugins, and the security issues they bring. Another problem is that as soon as you need to do anything custom that goes outside of what Wordpress offers, you're in a world of pain - take, for example, custom fields, such a basic feature yet you still need to mess around with plugins.

For professional work I completely left Wordpress behind, not touching that anymore. I use one of those three solutions:
    - Kirby CMS, which allows devs to use yaml files for quickly scaffolding custom admin panels
    - a configurable headless CMS as-a-service (Storyblok, etc), and then the frontend in Vue
    - static site generators, for those cases where I know the customer will come to me anytime they need something changes either way

The latter two give you the possibility of great managed hosting (Netlify for example) so you don't have to put effort into that either. I just know if I have to open an FTP client my day is ruined :)

feind, Jul 12, 2022 IP