1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress alternative - WYSIWYG online web creation software?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by tigertom, Sep 8, 2006.

Anyone have any SEO-friendly alternatives to Wordpress; a fine software, but I'm getting ticked-off customising it?

Something with a WYSIWYG interface, preferably that outputs static HTML pages (or a good 'fake' of same, without too much tweaking).

An online web creation software, which doesn't fill the code with non-textual dreck.

tigertom, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Tigertom, you've just described a HTML website - are you sure it's a blog that you want?

DarrenC, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  3. tigertom

tigertom Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to have my cake and eat it!

tigertom, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  4. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why wud u need an alternative. If you cant figure out something as simple as wordpress... its tough to give u other alternatives.

Cow WP is the simplest of them all. however you could try this CMS Made Simple.

It churns statics webpages. I guess that is what you want.

Ballz, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  5. tigertom

tigertom Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't was a blog per-se, just something that has its features, which doesn't add junk to the code, and outputs standard meta tags.

I can figure out Wordpress, I just don't want to any more. CMS Made Simple does not output static HTML pages.

CMS's are a great way of putting your thoughts quickly on the web, if you don't care about search engine positioning.

Article Manager and Page Publisher seem likely candidates:
    http://interactivetools.com/

I found them via HotScripts. They had positive votes/comments.

I was just wondering if there was something more popular that the world and his mother were using.

Thank you for your replies.

tigertom, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  6. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    You've posted this in the wrong part of the forum to be honest. You would of been best posting it within CMS, not blogs. Wordpress can be used as a CMS with plugins, but they are specific CMS applications which I'm not familiar with.

Ask a mod to repost this in CMS or open up a new thread - you might get a better response.

DarrenC, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  7. soccerbud

soccerbud Peon

Best Answers:
    i am interested as well

seems like wordpress isn't that great for SEO without a bit of customization

soccerbud, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  8. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try website baker. Seriously, just try it. I installed it for a small 2-3 website project I was doing and I was an instant fan. You can create a blog as a seperate /dir or have the blog be the whole site. You can even make each page be its own seperate blog.

Templating is cake. A single index file (or you can split to header.php, footer.php , sidebar.php, etc... it's up to you).

I highly recommend WB to any webmaster wanting to create a SEO friendly site. I've used it on SonyPSPMovie.com, TeamDonk.com, and my advertising sub site. Truly great software!!

disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with WB in any way. I'm just an obsessive fan of their easy to use software. :D

roadies, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  9. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll find thats the case with most applications, be it a blog, forum etc.

It's not difficult to get a blog SEO'd well, and whilst "on page" optimisation like title, description tag etc is important, getting one-way links is more important, and by offering unique, informational content, people will just link to you without even requesting a link back.

DarrenC, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  10. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I really wish people would stop propagating the "reciprocal links are bad" myth.

minstrel, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  11. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, two way links work wonders too... and

@Tiger, CMS MADE SIMPLE, gives you static HTML pages.

Wordpress can give you static HTML pages too. But if you just dont wanna work on it and have everything just handed down.. then it wont happen...

All you need it 4-5 plugins on wordpress... and your blog is SEO'd well... you have awesome links and stuff...

you could check out my blog in the sig

Ballz, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  12. elishkiya

elishkiya Peon

Best Answers:
    hello i need some information related to online training software.I went through one provided by elearningzoom but was wondering if i could get some more relevent options so that i get a better option and conform that what ever version i choose is the best one.........thanks.

elishkiya, Nov 10, 2009 IP