1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress 3.9 Jimmy Smith - Your opinion?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by seiraloyd, Apr 18, 2014.

WordPress 3.9 has just come out! Anyone used it yet?

Yesterday I updated 5 of my websites to WordPress 3.9 and thank God nothing broken. Honestly for a developer like me, WordPress 3.9 means that I have to update all my clients' sites as well as update all plugins/themes later. However for some of my clients who are bloggers, they love it!

What do you think about WordPress latest version? Any trouble yet?
    In case you haven't heard of it (omg I can't believe), this is a quick sum up (hey go download WordPress 3.9 in WordPress.org!).

[​IMG]

seiraloyd, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  2. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So is this not an auto update? I notice my sites are saying 3.9 is available but I think my sites automatically updated to 3.7.3 & 3.8.8. That worried me since sometimes my themes or plugins need to be updated for the new versions as well but luckily all my sites were ok this time.

bellcom, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  3. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you sets automatic WordPress automation on your hosting settings. Don't need to worry you can adjust that.....

anzilone, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  4. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have disabled automatic updates, even if I always use custom themes and never modify the plugin files. Need to do some manual upgrades now, but fortunately WP has one of the best upgrade systems I've ever seen and most of the time it goes flawlessly.

SuperiorWD, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  5. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the wordpress forums there a lot of complaints because that past week or so because sites were being automatically updated and you had to edit your wp-config file to remove the auto-update. If you have a lot of sites that is not fun :) I had a lot of sites that don't usually auto-update that DID update automatically. Most all of the sites were probably installed through cpanel so perhaps it was a change with my hosts that caused the auto-updates? Seems to have stopped now and I just get the email stating an upgrade is availalbe where a week or two ago I was getting emails saying the upgraded was completed automatically.

bellcom, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  6. Gadstrup Motion

Gadstrup Motion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone.
    I've installed WordPress 3.9 om 25 sites using wpremote.com. If you don't know that site then it will help you SO much from manually updating your clients WP-installations :)
    This is my first reply on Digital Point so please bear with me :)

Gadstrup Motion, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  7. zameright

zameright Member

Best Answers:
    For me, WordPress 3.9 is just awesome! But yes, some of my sites were in trouble after updating. I need to configure some wp- files to have good adjusment between theme and plugins.

zameright, May 3, 2014 IP
  8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had trouble right off the bat using 3.9 - I was unable to save any text in my post editor...
    theme designer say its a WP bug, but others seen to be using wp 3.9 just fine....
    so I think bug maybe in the theme/plugin that I am using to power my WP...
    so I had to down-grade back to the previous version....

dscurlock, May 4, 2014 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, by the sound of it, the issue is most likely in the theme itself (or any in-built plugins it might have). Doesn't seem to a common issue with others.

For me personally, I love it. I love WordPress to begin with, I love that they name their updates after Jazz musicians, I love almost everything about it. I particularly enjoyed the audio/video galleries as this was something I was looking forward to for a loooong time. The outlook and functionality in the Widgets menu are also refined and now they navigate much easier. I even wrote an article about 3.9 in our company blog right after I tested it a week ago and so far I continue to see almost only positives in it ;)

Rado_ch, May 4, 2014 IP
  10. LiMeFiX

LiMeFiX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As far as I know there are no significant changes to the multisite functionality on the regular users’ side. A number of under-the-hood things have been modified, especially to do with how networks and sites are found.

Generally I find the multisite has worked pretty well for a while now. It’s definitely not without its quirks but if it’s used well, it’s a great asset.

LiMeFiX, May 13, 2014 IP
  11. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    it looked like autoupdate on my sites. And I hate it happening live without testing it on a test server. Just found in the morning that it has updated and need to check and update the plugins and stuff. The built-in editor has gotten more comfortable though

Karuna17, May 13, 2014 IP