1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wordpress 3.3.1 installation anomalies

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by cyberbaffled, Feb 29, 2012.

The WP "five minute" installation progresses smoothly until I'm prompted for username and password which it does not accept, even though my input is identical to what I used for the configuration file prompt previously. So I give up, exit, and then re-link the URL, expecting to encounter the installation prompts again. Instead I get a page with a pretty picture and a variety of blogging features and a login link which when used again does not recognize the only username and password I've ever specified in the installation process. But this WP page is not what I was expecting or need. What I need is the page with a column on the left with links that enable administration, add-on capability, site design and so forth. Anyone know how to circumvent all these problems so that installation delivers me to the page I've described?

cyberbaffled, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  2. mkpoway

mkpoway Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using a 1-click install? Instead of that you could manually FTP the Wordpress files onto your server. It's pretty quick (less than five minutes). Then go to yoursite.com/wp-admin and it should work.

mkpoway, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I've found that hosts that offer One Click Install, don't do manual installs well. I don't know why.
    But we can't even begin to help you without a link.

hmansfield, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  4. cyberbaffled

cyberbaffled Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It was a manual login. I'll have more information about problem later today.

cyberbaffled, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  5. cyberbaffled

cyberbaffled Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link to what?

cyberbaffled, Mar 1, 2012 IP