1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wordpress 2.0 sucks

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Dekker, Jan 23, 2006.

1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Except it seems to have real serious issues when you cut and paste. It bloats the code beyond recognition and causes serious layout problems.

yfs1, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently, yes. Now you can crash your database or your server at the speed of light :eek:

minstrel, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  3. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Minstrel - You shouldn't have a problem though...It looks like you update your blog every 6 months :D

yfs1, Feb 6, 2006 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  4. minstrel

Best Answers:
    And that's during a busy phase! :D

It's true that my blog has been lowest priority for most of the time. Part of the reason was I looked at other blogs where it's obvious the policy is to post something every day whether the owner has anything to say or not - sadly, most blogs look like that (to me anyway) - and I made the decision at the outset to post only when there was something I wanted to say that I thought had some intrinsic interest. That was the reason I title it "occasional thoughts". On the other hand, I though "occasional" would mean every week or two or three... I suppose at some point I do need to pay more attention to the thing... :eek:

minstrel, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  5. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately the cut and paste, put on some ads, make some pennies does some damage. I can't say how many blogs I have seen where its just utter garbage.

yfs1, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Precisely. I saw one yesterday which was about nothing of consequence to begin with, was full of half sentences and misspelled words, and ended in mid-sentence. The whole thing just screamed "filler page for AdSense" or "another backlink page" to me. Others are basically thinly disguised stolen content from other sites.

minstrel, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  7. yfs1

Best Answers:
    There is somone here with an AdSense blog with beatifully written articles with Tips and Advise but they ask questions here like "how u knw gogle pay?"

Lol..I just read their blog and laughed my ass off knowing it was such crap.

yfs1, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  8. dawggone

dawggone Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had a lot of editing problems with the new version so I'm not eager to update my other blogs. I didn't have any problem with plugins moving though. Has anyone posted over in the Word Press forum concerning problems and bugs - or at least provided a link to this thread?

dawggone, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  9. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I’m going to try it out anyway. I doubt that my blog will have the kind traffic that will cause it to malfunction.

Emperor, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As dawggone says, most of the bugs are related to the writing of posts. If you like to cut and paste, get ready to be frustrated ;)

yfs1, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    "And another one bites and another one bites and another one bites the dust..." ~ Queen

minstrel, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  12. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    you can turn off that feature, but yes it was damn annoying when it was on.

i can't wait to switch to movabletype.......argh so FXXKING close!

Dekker, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to Queen?

When I first read that, I thought it said "Fat Boy" :eek:

Be careful: You'll have Christians rioting in the streets and threatening to nuke Norway and Sweden again just for living close to Denmark :eek:

minstrel, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  14. LadyJade

LadyJade Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm actually sitting back laughing right now! Recently I started playing with a site of mine that needed more attention and with the supposed ease of WordPress ... we installed 2.0 ... we just can't get the dang thing to work right.

We wanted WP2.0 to work as a site/blog, meaning we could still post articles in categories but then have a main nav for a home, about us, contact, etc. too.

So far, we've got it all in there and we've submitted some content but we can't seem to get the home page where it should be and the navigational menu isn't functioning right despite the plug ins and the code alterations we've made. We have hope though because they are visible on the site!

Wish us luck cause we've been reading all day and if we don't have the kinks worked out by friday, well we'll just go with something else or classic html again! LOL

*Lisa

LadyJade, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  15. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm actually doing the same thing...PM me if you'd like the contacts with the coder I'm using, he's prices are very reasonable and he has lots of experience with MovableType

Dekker, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  16. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found the editor works a little better if you paste for a lower level text editor like notepad. Still have issue with creating lists though. Usually end up just going into the code and creating the HTML

ServerUnion, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  17. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, writing in word, cutting and pasting to notepad, and then pasting into WP 2.0 works for me.

jim, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I even added a cartoon but nobody rioted.....oh well

i tried

yfs1, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  19. LadyJade

LadyJade Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks SVZ but we've got it down now. After a lot of reading and losing the theme after edits about a dozen times ... it's done!

The biggest problem, sounds silly and it was simple, was connecting what we wanted to use as a home page to the rest of the W-Press site. Just a code problem! We actually didn't resolve everything until yesterday so now we're taking our time adding content, etc.

The next big project on our list ... "Word Press 4 Dummies!"

I think it will go over real well, LOL.

LadyJade, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  20. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not upgrade to WP 2.0 - hate it - user friendly pah! I loved 1.5 and I'm going back to it as soon as I have time to re-install it.

DarrenC, Feb 11, 2006 IP