1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Woocommerce vs shopify?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by awesome1, Feb 16, 2022.

?

Woocommerce vs Shopify

1. Good

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. NoGood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Shopify

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Woocommerce

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    What do you prefer?

Shopify charges a hefty fee themselves and with essential plugins.
    \
    With woocommerce we can have a store created on any cheap web hosting and run it for years without paying extra. The performance of shopify plugin can be achieved by using some plugins and a cheap software.

What is your opinion?

awesome1, Feb 16, 2022 IP
  2. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shopify is a hosted platform that offers hosting and security, as well as the ability to create a fantastic online store without using any code.
    Have your issues fixed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep your consumers and sales figures pleased.

However, unless you use Shopify Payments, Shopify Transaction Fees is the only platform that imposes its own transaction cost. also these high-priced applications.

WooCommerce allows for infinite customisation. You can use code to customise your store to your heart's content because it's an open-source platform.
    it is tremendous flexibility and scalability allow you to realise your ecommerce goals, also Excellent value for money - it's free to install, and the extensions are mainly inexpensive, allowing you to expand your store's functionality at a cheap cost.

Unlike Shopify, WooCommerce is not beginner-friendly, so unless you have some coding experience, you'll struggle to create the online store you desire.

The final conclusion is as follows:

Shopify is a good option for people that don't know how to code, don't care about pricing, and want clean, easy-to-customize templates.

WooCommerce is a platform for anyone with coding skills who wish to create a large-scale online store that sells in multiple countries.

SEOPearl, Feb 17, 2022 IP
  3. Johan Will

Johan Will Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Woocommerce is easy platform. Shopify is better. Its depends on understanding.
    I have my proj in Woocommerce as award coins.

Johan Will, Feb 24, 2022 IP
  4. kimgarth

kimgarth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We are finding the answer for the same question. We have our E-Commerce website in PHP and now wants to move our site to Shopify or BigCommerce. After research from our developers we have decided to go with BigCommerce. Let us see, how it work for us. I will write another feedback after 5-6 months use.

kimgarth, Feb 24, 2022 IP
  5. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone I know in this industry prefers woo.

Đặng Văn Bình, Feb 28, 2022 IP
  6. Alex Thorne

Alex Thorne Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify hands down. Take into account my background of course, I'm not very tech savvy and I don't have many years of experience in ecommerce. So for my, Shopify is more user friendly and offers more option regarding integration compared to Woocommerce. Of course you have a recurrent fee in Shopify but I see it like a convenience fee since I'm not tech savvy, if I can pay a small fee to make my tech problems go always yeah of course I'm gonna go that way. A while ago I saw this video when I was deciding between platforms, I think pretty much is still relevant.

Hope it helps you!

Alex Thorne, Feb 28, 2022 IP
  7. seomaster-99

seomaster-99 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the size of the store, but in my opinion, WooCommerce is better

seomaster-99, Mar 4, 2022 IP
  8. Alex Thorne

Alex Thorne Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you say the for bigger store WooCommerce and for smaller Shoppify?

Alex Thorne, Mar 14, 2022 IP
  9. jhonalbert

jhonalbert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopify gives you everything you need to build a professional, seamless online store within one platform. Shopify handles some of the world’s biggest online retailers, so they can easily handle your needs as your store grows.
    A wide choice of WooCommerce hosting options means you can find an ideal option for you and only pay for what you need. There are tens of thousands of free or paid plugins available to personalize your store, and you can even create and implement your own.

jhonalbert, Apr 7, 2022 IP
  10. Alex Thorne

Alex Thorne Peon

Best Answers:
    Good summary, I'll keep it in mind.

Alex Thorne, Apr 8, 2022 IP
  11. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a beginer its shopify if you are a little advanced i would reccomend woocommerce

Spartan14, Apr 9, 2022 IP
  12. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress vs. Shopify in the way of customizing it's like heaven and hell.
    With Shopify, you will pay hundreds of dollars per month for something that you can achieve for free with WordPress and Woo.
    Just take dedicated hosting for your WP shop, and there you have an even better solution than Shopify...

Deos, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  13. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Woocommerce is much more popular and I recommend this solution to smaller online stores.

Gamerseo, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  14. AppScenic-Paul

AppScenic-Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what we always recommend our customers, get Shopify if you are not technical. It always felt like WooCommerce requires a more technical mind.

AppScenic-Paul, Apr 12, 2022 IP
  15. Eli Parker

Eli Parker Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to be bankrupt go with shopify, if you want to be free from high charges go with woocommerce.

Eli Parker, Apr 24, 2022 IP
  16. Ann87

Ann87 Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on the revenue. In case your is not so high yet, then using Shopify might be a little bit expensive. That's what I've heard.

Ann87, May 31, 2022 IP
  17. eweber

eweber Member

Best Answers:
    I vote da Woo...

eweber, May 31, 2022 IP
  18. declan3

declan3 Peon

Best Answers:
    for an eCommerce store, I feel Shopify is better than WooCommerce as Shopify includes all hosting and essential security. WooCommerce is free but they don't have inbuilt features and most of the WooCommerce plugins are billed annually which leads to paying more. Shopify has quality apps and Shopify support also helps in solving queries arising from these apps which is not in the case of woocommerce. You wouldn't get a hand-to-hand support like shopify.

declan3, Jun 7, 2022 IP
  19. Cart2CartHero

Cart2CartHero Peon

Best Answers:
    As for me, WooCommerce is best platform to build an online store

Cart2CartHero, Jun 16, 2022 IP
  20. Marione Payott

Marione Payott Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is easy to set up, meaning you can get your online store off the ground in no time. It also takes care of the backend for you. The downside is – it doesn't give you complete control over your site, so customization options are limited.

WooCommerce is free, and because it is open source, you get complete control over every aspect of your site. Its learning curve is steep, and you will have to take charge of the backend aspects of your online store. Once you get over those hurdles, it's smooth sailing from there.

To help with your decision, ask yourself this: How hands-on are you willing to be? If the answer is – “very,” – then choose WooCommerce. If not - go with Shopify. It will definitely satisfy your needs and expectations.

Marione Payott, Jul 11, 2022 IP