1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WooCommerce MYSQL Data Sync from Remote to LocalHost

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by tomupton, Oct 22, 2014.

Hey Guy’s,

Hope your all well and having a fab day? I have a question that im hoping someone can help with.

Here is my problem.

1 – I have a live Ecommerce website using WordPress and WooCommerce, this site is taking daily orders, and customers are registering too.

2 – I’m working on a new version of the website on my local environment which includes a new theme, and re-arrangement of the categories within the online store.

I believe the website update is going to take a number of weeks to complete, and obviously over this time the DB I have on my local machine will be incredibly out of date compared to the one on the live site. What I mean by this is “Customer Orders, Accounts, etc”.

Is there a plugin or tool I can use that can automatically keep the WooCommerce DB on my local host up to date with the live site? So lets say in two weeks time when the new website goes live, all customer orders, data etc will be current.

Sorry if this seems a really silly question, but ive been racking my brains the last few days with this and haven’t found a solution as of yet! haha

Regards Tom

tomupton, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you'll find a tool to do exactly what you want, but... my question is more: WHY do you want to? As long as you have a database that's more or less a copy of the active one, why would you need all the information from the active one on the development server, as long as you're not doing any changes to the database itself?
    Reason I ask is that when you update, there's no reason to do anything with the existing database (again, as long as you're not changing anything in the database) - just put up the new theme and change the necessary queries (if any).
    Unless you're doing database changes while doing the categories-change - however, this shouldn't really affect anything else than the categories themselves - unless Woocommerce has a link between category ID and product ID (which I sincerely hope they don't) (apart from showing which products goes into which categories, of course).

PoPSiCLe, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  3. tomupton

tomupton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi There,

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Unfortunately DB Changes are happening when adding the new theme into the website, thus posting this question in here :) From my understanding WooCommerce stores the products and orders with just ID's not the category ID's luckily, so I think I'm going to be ok there.

My goal is to ultimately import just the customer orders, users. But if im correct WordPress stores all of this information under the "Post Meta" section within the DB.

Regards
    Tom

tomupton, Oct 22, 2014 IP