1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Woo Hoo! Worpdress 3.0 Thelonious is out !

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by hmansfield, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    the new looks are good... but lets hope its more secure too

Bohra, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been using Worpdress since 1.9 ( about 3 1/2 years) and this is by far the best update ever. Very smooth. Light. And it's actually getting much easier to use for noobs and part timers.

hmansfield, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  3. Mike Tidball

Mike Tidball Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress 3 has launched and I have upgraded all my blogs... But will I notice the difference.

Apart from the nicer home screen and the new theme that is in the back office I am struggling to see any major differences... but I'm sure there are loads.

I wanted to start a thread so that whenever someone finds a neat feature then hopefully they will post in this thread so that we can all benefit.

I have used Wordpress MU on some of my bloggs and wondered how the integration has worked out and how it benefits multiple users. Any feedback would be grateful

Mike Tidball, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I updated an MU blog to 3.0 yesterday and it was pretty painless. Along with 8 plug ins that updated all at once, I also had over 45 themes (out of 170) that needed updating, and it was no problem. One click and it did it's thing right down the line.

In a bout 15 minutes my whole installation along with every blog on it, was updated 100%

On the flip side, I also did a fresh install of 3.0 on another domain and configured the network settings and it was also a breeze. Not much to it at all.

I think the back end is much cleaner for users, especially noobs, and the additional navigation options (which i haven't dived into yet) are really a nice touch.
    Although I am on dedicated hosting anyway, it seems to run just a tad faster as well. Cleaner.

I love it.

hmansfield, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  5. logiczone

logiczone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow this is simply amazing! Can't wait to update my wordpress site. I'm kind of thinking that it is timely due to many issues that are arising on wordpress and it's a great boost for all the developers!

logiczone, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  6. dryeraser

dryeraser Peon

Best Answers:
    dryeraser, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  7. s521545

s521545 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am very happy with the latest version of WP, especially I like the grey background on the dashboard...

s521545, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  8. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems faster and lighter than the earlier version, though I haven't used any of the new features, but still quite impressed by it and even the basic theme is decent now (not that I would use it, but still).

yogesh sarkar, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  9. tommy.crenshaw

tommy.crenshaw Member

Best Answers:
    Well besides the color of the dashboard there were some other changes worth noting:

Multi-user-site ability and custom menus.

I have yet to see a negative review of WP 3.0 and still have only had one issue with a plugin (but it was just an incompatibility issue caused by another plugin.. not WP 3.0) and everyone sure loves the new default theme too. I would have liked to have seen more default SEO features built in but it's easy enough to take care of that with All-in-one-SEO plugin.

tommy.crenshaw, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  10. vishal_gupta

vishal_gupta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the only thing in newer version that is gray background that looks pretty beautiful.

vishal_gupta, Jun 21, 2010 IP