1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Woo Canvas vs. U-design vs. Avada - - -?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by acw, Sep 17, 2013.

Hi Friends,

I noticed that Canvas has been around for Years...but you start with a plain theme to work with. It apparently is very versatile though.

U-design and Avada are the 2 highest and best selling Theme-forest themes. They are flexible too...and seem to come pre-loaded with many functions and sliders in place.

I know that learning each theme has a curve....sometimes a steep curve and I WANT TO AVOID that in the future. IN OTHER WORDS, i want to learn a theme with the most versatility for future designs.

I know that ONE THEME will not be able to do everything, but i have noticed that some a WAY more flexible than others.

Anyone have experience with any of these Themes?

thanks for your input!
    acw, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, to get it more straight. Do you want to learn to use all features of these themes or you want to learn WordPress coding based on one of that themes structure? Both of them are features rich, but one suits better than other depending your goals. Personally I like more U-design .
    Hefaistos, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  3. acw

acw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Hef,

I want to learn some CSS and PHP but i want to save time by using a versitile WP theme. U-design has gotten hugh reviews and sales. If i pick a theme---i want that theme to be able to do many things and not just one style layouts (like so many themes do).
    acw, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  4. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    That themes are great, but I would recommend them only if you got already some php knowledge and you are familiarised with WordPress Codex and functions, or you will find them very complicated and hard to understand. Each theme author has it's own style to develop theme functionality, so would be better to start with wordpress.org free themes, learn basics things like theme structure (header, footer, sidebars, WordPress functions, and so on) and gradually advance to more complex themes.

Often, depending of each author, coding practices, methods and solutions will be quite different, some of them will be more logical and more easy to understand for beginers, or others will be more complex and harder to understand, so that's why personally I would recommend you to start doing things based on WordPress Codex (also codex is updated frequently after each WordPress Core update).
    Hefaistos, Sep 18, 2013 IP