1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wondering if this is possible with Joomla or Drupal

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by dhn113, Sep 6, 2006.

I would like to establish a website that will contain many elements but don't know if it is possible to do with a CMS like Joomla or Drupal.

My idea is to have the main page be a Digg clone, but also have links that will lead to an event calendar, a gallery that will allow registered users to upload photos, and a Wiki. From what I have seen so far, it seems that those who have set up a Digg clone site are either not changing up the template/design much or the software only allows for Digg type article submission, and nothing else. Is this correct, or can I really do all these things with a CMS?

Thank you in advance for any insight provided.

dhn113, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    joomla is better ,and yea phpnuke has all you requested

010081, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. masm50

masm50 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal and Joomla could do that quite easily with a few plugins. eZpublish or Typo3 might be worth looking at too as they are very very extendable if a little more complex.

Tim

masm50, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. blade_922

blade_922 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you want a digg it function for joomla? Hit me up a PM and i'll see if i can hit you up with my script for this, before i take it commercial. :p

blade_922, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  5. Gurpartap

Gurpartap Peon

Best Answers:
    it's all already been done in Drupal. try customizing the vote up/down package, it's built to replicate digg!, use image module and set proper access controls to allow people to upload. it takes time to learn drupal's structure, but it's surely something that can achieve anything more than anyother opensource cms could.

Gurpartap, Sep 13, 2006 IP